Sign in to follow this  
TwIce

Shadow Killer

Whenever I really like a game but begin to feel the frustration mounting, I ask myself the same question: Is this game really difficult or is it me?

I applaud the thinking behind the one-save rule but I've been up till 2:00am two nights running trying to complete SHADOW KILLER. I just cannot afford the time. Is the campaign as demanding as this? I don't want to use cheats or even work around the one-save rule unless the alternative is not playing the game at all because I do not have literally hours to complete missions. So, advice, please: Is this game really difficult or is it me?

Lucky You!

v1.2 of my WT is out and it includes the single missions

If you still can't beat a mission with a single save however, use the multi-save cheat:

switch to windows with alt+tab

go to

D:\[yourflashpointfolder]\Users\[yourusername]\Saved\missions\07ShadowKiller.abel

there you delete save.fps

now return to the game and you can save again

By the way, here are my tactical suggestions for:

7. Shadow Killer

Cross the road south of the town without being spotted. Approach the fuel station from the east.

Place the first bomb directly at the fuel station. Crawl across the road and place the second and the third

bomb on the road within town. Now find a hideout in safe distance and viewing range from the

2nd and 3rd satchel. Wait for the convoy to arrive and touch off the bombs. It is important, that you

blow up the Fuel Truck. Let the UAZ and the other Urals escape.if you can't get them. Now get to the car

without being spotted by the tank and the BMP. You may want to speedcrawl the first meters.

Once inside the car drive to Arudy. Voilá.

Thats the crap method, this is beter

During gameplay press [left shift] and [keypad minus] together, then type "savegame", to save the game, and you can do it as many times as you want.

When using the alt-tab way, you can keep an archive of saves for the mission. Can you do that with the cheat method.....?

Sure the mission was easy. And it was so cool to lie there in the dark and wait for the ural. And when it came, I detonated as it passed just over. Was so realistic, with the ural shooting off like a rocket engulfed in flames..... smile.gif

Btw, I think night missions make the environment look more real since the details (and lack of details) fade away. smile.gif

TwIce,

Stay with it... That one is a tough one. But get used to it... There are some harder ones to come! ;-) Just remember to lay-low, go-slow, shot-fast! I must have tried that mission 10 times. I doubt Damage Inc was playing on veteran mode.

And no the "Cheat" method doesn't keep a running archive of saved games. It just keeps over-writing the last save game. That's better in my opinion... And MUCH faster.

ther is a easier way to cheat: simply press enter the press savegame (no spaces) and it will save do this as many times as you want

I found a really fun way to beat this mission take a m21 and snipe all or as many as can of the russians then go into the town pick up a ak47 kill the rest (the tank in this lvl when I was playing ended up staying in the road of the town so I just layed a satchel next to it and blew it up.)Then pick up a pk and wait in the road for the convoy shoot the drivers and the ppl who come out then just lay the satchel at fuel station and anouther one under one of the trucks (just to get some extra kills) and go to the car. This way is a lot more fun than trying to sneak in and out undetected smile.gif

I found a really fun way to beat this mission take a m21 and snipe all or as many as can of the russians then go into the town pick up a ak47 kill the rest (the tank in this lvl when I was playing ended up staying in the road of the town so I just layed a satchel next to it and blew it up.)Then pick up a pk and wait in the road for the convoy shoot the drivers and the ppl who come out then just lay the satchel at fuel station and anouther one under one of the trucks (just to get some extra kills) and go to the car. This way is a lot more fun than trying to sneak in and out undetected smile.gif

BTW using the alt escmethond and going into the files is better because you can keep an archive just incase u save the game a sec before u get killed.

You should just take out the tank crew, then you will have a tank!!! hide in that bush next to the road where the dirt road and the main road meet and go to full auto.

Very soon I will be adding the hints for this misssion on my saboteur site soon, but I already got some to share with you. First off, I try to go to the house instead of around near the road (the right of the city from where you start) then I just make my way through and go back up the hill to wiat for the convoy. I do not like to shoot the officer cuase the alarm will go off ne wayz so its a really bad idea!! just try those, and then run to the city and ur finished/

i belive u use only 1 satchel for the gas station, and set a stachel on that dirt road and when the bmp comes, blow it.

This is one of the funniest missions and also one of the hardest.

If I remeber correctly I did it like this.

I sneaked in a very stealth way to the gas station. Here I planted 1 statchel charges.

Then I went back to the crossraod (were the conwoy is going to pass in a few minutes time)here I planted two statchel charges.

When the convoy shows up I blow off (from a safe distance) all the charges.

Ihavnt tried the mission since version 1.00. So I dont know how the new AI features affects this mission