Sign in to follow this  
Tozzifan

PMC05 Elimination - invincible BMP ?

(playing Steam release)

Hello,

I suppose that I have only one armored vehicle to take down with .50 sniper rifle, in that mission

yet, meanwhile five shots on target seem to do nothing, in opposite to previous targets, this BMP localizes me beyond 600mt with utter precision (although been prone, in the grass), and I'm dead just after my five shots, with no time even for reloading;

moreover, that BMP is capable to shoot even through trees! :

- I've tried to shoot at it s engine, only when seeing a a small part of it between two trees: I hit the branches, that don't seem to exist for it)

- I've been killed even staying behing a large tree

so much for sniper tactics :)

any suggestion?

thanks

I suggest you go read and vote for this :

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28290

I already linked your post there. Now all we can do is to wait the developers to take away these superpowers from BMP-2.

in the end, I've taken the "endmission" shortcut, because it had no more sense to play a sim like a shooter

mmm...it's been a couple of years since I played Combined Operations and BAF, .... maybe I've already lived this BMP-2 story ....

Hanzu,

where is the voting option?

Hanzu,

where is the voting option?

Please register to CIT to be able to see the voting button and vote and you can also set yourself as a "Watcher" to automatically receive email when something happens for news on this issue. The registering link is in my signature.

I've registered, yet I cannot find :o the vote button............

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

nevermind: found and voted

Tozzifan, regardless of the Super BMP, I would strongly recommend that you revert to the start of Elimination and replay. You WILL get through it without that damn cheat. Thousands of people have. You just have to work around the BMP's powers and find a new (stealthy and ruthless) strategy to take it down. YOU CAN DO IT! MAN UP! I've NEVER used that stinking cheat, and you don't have to either. The mission is awesome, and I've never had any problems with it. Just a suggestion... ;)

OMAC,

I've already moved on to other missions (BAF / PMC single missions) ....

in this one I tried only the stealth approach, nothing else, crawling all the way - Carlos Hathcock style - to the most distant shooting point I could find, nonetheless the Klingonian vessel had sensors I couldn't match ....

luckily there are lots of missions, and I tend to repeat those where my mistakes have been a factor, and to discard the ones where the fight is against AI or other shortcomings: willing to "live" a sim, my intent is not to play to find the weak spot like it would be in a shooter, otherwise I'd play the shooter

:)