Sign in to follow this  
OckHAM

Help with simple MP scripting

Hi everyone, I just discovered this wonderful game and the immense potential of its Editor and scripting system: I started studying some tutorials and I'd like to learn how to design very simple missions for multiplayer. Rather then downloading and adapting pre-built modules I'm trying to learn how to script simple scripts step by stemp: actually I've been able to set up a simple 6 vs 6 TDM with a timer activated with this sqs script:

~5
#loop
if (alive hari) then {goto "loop"}; 

timer = paramsArray select 0;  publicvariable "timer";

@!isnil "timer"
#loop1
hintSilent parsetext format ["<t size='1.5' align='center'>%1</t>",(timer / 3600) call compile loadfile "time.sqf"];
if (timer <= 20) then {playsound "ticking"};
if (timer <= 30) then {titleText ["Time is running out!","PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 3;};

timer = timer - 1; publicvariable "timer";
~1
if (timer >= 0) then {goto "loop1"};

timer = 0;

newvariable = true;
publicvariable "newvariable";
exit

called when a civilian npc moves on his first waypoint. The map works fine with the respawn areas properly setted, the type of respawn setted with the Description.ext files and the timer setted with:

class timeLimit
{
//paramsArray[0]
title= "Time limit";
texts[]= {"5 mins","10 mins","15 mins"};
values[]= {300,600,900}; 
default= 600;
}; 

So my first question is: how do I setup a way to show bluefor and opfore total frags on the right side of the screen (where actually is shown timer too)?

And the second question is, how can I modify the hour and weather of the map from class selection in Description.ext?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi OckHAM!

Welcome to BIS forums!

This manual guide can help you with your questions:

Armed Assault Editing Guide - Deluxe Edition - English version

by

Mr-Murray

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Also refer to this list:

Mission Editing and Scripting Information

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?78089-Mission-Editing-and-Scripting-Information-Links-only-NO-Discussion

Ohh thanks, very useful :) I already downloaded that guide and I was hoping about a simplier help. Anyway I will read the 350 pages and then check if my question has an answer :) Thanks!

Your Welcome refer to the mp section of that guide, there should be something there for what your looking to do.

not sure on the weather point -

but for the kill score per side - quick and easy - use addeventhandler "killed" for the task - simply make a variable for boths sides; when blufor killed add +1 to the variable, and same for opfor. add it up at the end or whenever.

Do a search i know this has been answered before - hope this points you in right direction.

For your time of day...

init.sqf

if (isServer) then {
if (GVAR(TimeOfDay) == -1) then {
_rskiptime = round random 24;
GVAR(TimeOfDay) = _rskiptime;
skiptime GVAR(TimeOfDay);
} else {
skiptime GVAR(TimeOfDay)};
};

description.ext

class GVAR(TimeOfDay) {
title = "Time of Day:";
values[] = {-1,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23};
default = -1;
texts[] = {"Random","00:00","01:00","02:00","03:00","04:00","05:00","06:00","07:00","08:00","09:00","10:00","11:00","12:00","13:00","14:00","15:00","16:00","17:00","18:00","19:00","20:00","21:00","22:00","23:00"};
};

Or you can exec an .sqf from your init and put the code in that .sqf. Either way, make sure that in the editor the start time is 00:00 (midnight).