Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

layers folder problems

Hi all I am working on my 6th and final island for arma2 its north waziristan i have had it in game at 10km x 10km and thought it was to small, so i upped it to 20 km x 20 km but hear comes my problems

sat and mask are 20480 x 20480

terrain cell 10

I load the sat and mask in to visitor and load in my xyz and save it, I then open bulldozer and it converts the png to paa for sat and mask, bulldozer then opens and my textures show fine in bulldozer so i binerized it to go in game.

I then get the error no textures are found for sat and mask and in game island is white , so I checked my layers folder and nothing is in there even though it converted them so i have tried a few times but still no layers a pear in the folder.

I have installed visitor to another hard drive as i thought visitor was messing about, it does the same in the new installed visitor my folder structure is the same as my 5 previous islands so i am at a loss to know where these layers have gone to and why bulldozer shows them even though there not in the folder

i have searched for an answer on the forums but came up with no results could i get some advice off any 1 that has had the same problem or knows the answer cheers all if you can help

this is going to be a clafghan makes love to sangin type terrain terraced mountains with green zone in the lower vallys

here's a youtube vid of the 10x10 that works

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA
bad grammer

I load the sat and mask in to visitor and load in my xyz and save it, I then open bulldozer and it converts the png to paa for sat and mask, bulldozer then opens and my textures show fine in bulldozer so i binerized it to go in game.

If you havent set your path to textures in the prefferences , it will save them direct to a folder called layers on P drive,

simply binarise that and place in your addon folder and it will work or redo the sat map in visitor after pathing it in prefference to the correct folder

cheers i found the layers folder again i had tried the redo of the sat and mask but it just never appeared in the waziristan\wazir\data\layers folder strange but thank's for your help