Sign in to follow this  
Bravo_Two_Zeroq

[BAF] AS50 sniper rifle: scope off (Mil-Dot)

I've tried most sniper rifles and used the Mil-Dot system for measuring range. Most rifles seem reasonable close up until 1200 meters and give fairly accurate readings, but how should I read the AS50 scope?

Whatever I do I get different and wrong range readings from that scope. Normally the object height / Mil-Dot height = distance to target and it works fine for rifles like the M107, DMR and M24. Do the British really use a different Mil-Dot system than prescribed by NATO standards?

Furthermore with an accurate range reading the Mil-Dots also seem to indicate a different range, estimating that every increase in dot gives an additional 180 meters, while the M107 just has 100 meters for every dot and the DMR 80 meters.

IIRC the mil-dot scopes work only if you are zoomed in on the scopes that allow zooming, though I may be wrong.

No, he's correct. Even when zoomed in, the AS50 mil-dots are incorrect. I've tested it myself on several occasions, and recently submitted a bugreport on dev-heaven.

A lot of the sniper scopes are off more or less; this goes for zeroing and for magnification. L115 rifles are also on the list. Additionally some of the ACOG/RCO type of combat scopes are off in regards to zeroing, magnification and bullet drop indication: G36 series, Spectre on the MK17. The problem is in the configs (mostly) and in the models.

DMR scope is also off. Also, why doesn't DMR have range adjusting? It's weird to have a "Designated Marksman Rifle" without range adjustment.

DMR scope is also off. Also, why doesn't DMR have range adjusting? It's weird to have a "Designated Marksman Rifle" without range adjustment.

DMR is ArmA II equipment. Ranging was introduced in OA.