Sign in to follow this  
iixwh3l4nxii

Arma 2: Free darkness PITCH black, can't see anything

Damn it's tough to do anything on these forums, I'm sure you don't need this many measures to stop spam bots lol.

Ok my problem is that I've got Arma 2: Free as I want to see how I feel with it before I buy, however I'm having this issue that at night, everything is pitch black, even lit up areas like camps and checkpoints.

Watch a video I made, ignore the crappy frame rate, my processor can't handle fraps recording too good.

youtube.com/watch?v=6kD3cClUgnw copy it you your browser, this shit wont even let me link a video -_-

Okay so if that didn't make much sense, here's what I did:

I couldn't see anything after accepting a infiltrate challenge in the Armory, so I used my night vision and ran to this enemy stronghold or something, and when I turned off my night vision, I still couldn't see anything, even though the place was lit up like a christmas tree.

So then I entered the video settings and adjusted something so that the screen would reset, after it reset I could see normally, the camp look nice and light up(this is when I start recording)

BUT as soon as I turn on my night vision and turn it back off again, everything is PITCH darkness.

Any suggestions? I doubt I'm the only one to experience this.

Mmm...i don't know, but switching from night vision to normal vision will cause a few seconds of vision adaptation, in the video you're switching too quickly so that i can realize if this is a real problem.

No I ran around for ages, still no adjustment, just darkness and i can see lights slightly

I left my night vision off for ages and went to other places, still the same unless i reset my screen by changing video settings, but as soon as i use night vision again, it re-occurs

Also don't forget, when I started this mission, i had the same problem, I hadn't even used night vision for the whole time of playing the game but as soon as that night mission started it was pitch black

It's night, it's raining, why the hell do you want to take off your NVG's anyway?

It's supposed to be dark, deal with it.

Damn it's tough to do anything on these forums, I'm sure you don't need this many measures to stop spam bots lol.

We know it is needed.

this shit wont even let me link a video -_-

Watch your language, please.

Alright chill out Officer Myke, I know it's your job but ease up a bit.

If you read the topic I want to take off my Night vision inside camps and such where it's lit up...

And I'm getting Combined operations or w/e tomorrow so I don't want this problem on DayZ, since you don't spawn with NVG's...

However I guess for now I'm going to stick to resetting the screen all the time -_-

I struggle to believe there isn't a fix for this and no one has even heard of it before.

Oh and about the language, this game is an 18+ right?

besides I doubt anyone who is offended by swears would be smart enough to pass that excessive register procedure.

Oh and about the language, this game is an 18+ right?

besides I doubt anyone who is offended by swears would be smart enough to pass that excessive register procedure.

Aye and the average age on these forum is even significantly higher, so no need for teenage language. ;)

Night vision is very realistic in this game. When I was in the Army we were taught to close an eye when flares went up etc. Night vision takes about twenty minutes (I think) to develop ie your pupils slowly dilate. The same effect is replicated in game but doesn't take as long as the human eye obviously. Switching NV gogggles on and off will affect your night vision in game - there will be a delay before your eyes adjust to NV goggles being off. In some scenarios having NV goggles off really will result in complete darkness regardless of your night vision as there may be no natural light at all. I am not sure if you are just not adapting to the in game realism or if there really is a bug with your graphics but if it is pitch black in the mission scenario you just have to keep the NV goggles on.