Sign in to follow this  
r71

Need help with extra ammo in trucks

I want to load more LGB's in the ammo trucks. I can make a trigger where it will reload the ammo but it will add a crap load of LGB's and Mg ammo if you hit it over and over again. I had like 24 LGB's on one plane

LGB1 addmagazine "MachineGun30A10"; LGB1 addmagazine "LaserGuidedBombLauncher"

I want them to have to land to get more ammo and not be able to stay up in the air all day. I tried to add ammo to a 5th truck with this

clearWeaponCargo this; clearMagazineCargo this; this addmagazinecargo ["MachineGun30A10,10000"]; this addmagazinecargo ["LaserGuidedBombLauncher,1000"]

That will not work for me. I have used something like that before for the Hawk and it works.

clearWeaponCargo this; clearMagazineCargo this; this addweaponcargo ["KEGsidewinder,22"]; this addweaponcargo ["KEGaden30mm,3000"]

I also have put guns on the civil plane.

this addmagazine "browning"; this addweapon "browning"

Anyone know why I cant add the MachineGun30A10 and the LaserGuidedBombLauncher to a trucks cargo

confused.gif

Yes, its because U have typed it wrong.

Wrong:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">["LaserGuidedBombLauncher,1000"]

<span id='postcolor'>

Right: ["LaserGuidedBombLauncher",1000]

No thats not it. I have other truck I made with weapons in it and it works that way. I also tried it that way too and it does not work  confused.gif

["KEGsidewinder,22"]; this addweaponcargo ["KEGaden30mm,3000"]

this line came from one of my missions and it works.

Hmm...ok interesting, I was going to agree with InqWiper outright but after testing it I got both </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">clearMagazineCargo this; this addmagazinecargo["LaserGuidedBombLauncher",10]<span id='postcolor'> and </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">clearMagazineCargo this; this addmagazinecargo["LaserGuidedBombLauncher,10"]<span id='postcolor'> to work  confused.gif

Though I used an empty support ammo truck for my tests rather than the normal 5ton truck, I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

Edit: Yeah just tried it with a 5ton truck instead of an ammo truck, it doesn't work with the 5ton. Can you change the truck? (BTW why a 5ton truck instead of an ammo truck anyway?)

Yeah I think it has to be a empty one to do this type of stuff, but it still did not work for me. Try this.......

clearMagazineCargo this

and see if it clears the ammo truck for you. I tried it just to make sure and it did not clear it.

Hmm...yeah I can get it to work with the infantry ammo crates but not the ammo truck, I didn't realise they were different.

Ok...I think I might have a way around it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setAmmoCargo 2<span id='postcolor'> seemed to have doubled the amount of ammo the ammo truck carries by default (I think, I tested it rather quickly). Though I didn't think that would work as setting it to 1 should be "Full" so I hope it doesn't cause any problems...

Edit: BTW I noticed that when I dragged the ammo slider bar of my test A10(LGB)'s all the way to the left I couldn't rearm. Why is that?!

" BTW I noticed that when I dragged the ammo slider bar of my test A10(LGB)'s all the way to the left I couldn't rearm. Why is that?! "

Woah thats odd. I thought that was just to lower the amount of ammo at the start. Maybe it sets the amount of max ammo the unit can carry.