Sign in to follow this  
Durioz

I can't play with my brother. We are on the same raouter.

Me and my brother can't play togheter on the same raouter

Since we bought the game on Steam me and ny brother have been unable to play togheter on the same server. It's like the server thinks we both are playing with the same game. If one joins the other one can't conect to the server.

We both have diffrent copies and both on Steam. I have tried reinstaling Battleeye, turn off the fire wall both on my PC and on my raouter, I have tried enableing all the NAT options on the raouter, reinstaling all the dayz files and i can't make i work.

Could you please help me?

What is your NAT type? I would recommend that you set your NAT type to Open. Allow port 2303 through the router.

What is your NAT type? I would recommend that you set your NAT type to Open. Allow port 2303 through the router.

I have allready done both of those things.

UDP port right? (Have done that too)

Tried disabling UPnP on the router? that often solves these problems, though not always.

Tried disabling UPnP on the router? that often solves these problems, though not always.

What is UPnP?

Google will know.

basically it's automatic port forwarding, usefull if your torrent client cant figure out how get through the router. but you can always forward manually.

if it starts to autoforward a port used by the game to one of your computers the other computer cant use it.

Wouldn't each copy need to use a different port so that the router can route the appropriate traffic to it, or will Arma II just use different ports for each PC automatically?

Are you connecting through the Internet or via LAN (in the connection menu)?

reinstaling all the dayz files

Are you trying to play DayZ? - that will not work as AIUI (I don't play DayZ or other MP).

DayZ depends on a lot of non-public scripts on dedicated servers. If you want to play DayZ you have to play on one of the dedicated servers.

Wouldn't each copy need to use a different port so that the router can route the appropriate traffic to it, or will Arma II just use different ports for each PC automatically?

not if all the traffic is routed individually, but you have to put UPnP off for that.

Do arma2 servers accept different ports? in that case you can just type a different in the multiplayer server list.