Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Request for an official statement about mods from Bohemia Interactive

Hi!

This whole modding issue has given me a real headache. I really don't understand anything, so it would be very nice if someone from official from Bohemia could actually address the issue, as it has sparked quite the controversy in both the ARMA community, and the Iron Front community.

What I have come to understand so far, is that there is no way for moders to make mods and publish them themselves, and that all mods must be released as official patches through IF-developers approved by them beforehand. No pizza gun, in other words. It's also rather confusing whether or not we as consumers are able to choose what mods to use, and what mods to not use, but that is maybe not something BI can answer.

What I would like to be answered is why they have chosen to do this. I really don't see how restricting mods for Iron Front is in any way beneficial to Bohemia, since alot of IF costumers are ARMA costumers too. I must admit that I feel cheated, as many other feel. There has been an abundance of information regardless the modding situation as a whole, and I think at least we deserve some answers.

I would also like to take the opportunity to urge Bohemia to reconsider the whole issue. Please let us be able to make mods for this game, so that it can fulfill it's enormous potential. The game is dying because of this matter. In addition, I find it very, very strange that BI contributes to the confusion by making two subforums about mods to the game, when they are the ones who have restricted modding in the title. It just doesn't make much sense!

Why don't you demand (another) statement from Iron Front Developers? IF44 is not a Bohemia Interactive title, they only licensed the engine!

Thread closed to prevent yet another discussion thread about 'disabled' modding.

Edited by W0lle