Sign in to follow this  
vhenom

Is OA a whole new game?

Ive recently just bought arma 2 off of steam and it came with operation arrowhead I havn't installed this because of bandwith issues but I do have some questions about it

is it a whole new game because it is wanting its own install is it any different from Arma 2 and are there more multiplayer servers on OA

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead is a standalone expansion for ArmA II. It adds many great features such as FLIR. Basically, it is a newer version of ArmA II. I would highly recommend installing it as well as ArmA II.

I'm assuming you purchased ArmA II: Combined Operations, which includes both ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead.

OA is basically a whole new game in that it does not need vanilla ArmA2 to function. If you have both ArmA2 and ArmA2: OA, you can combine them to get ArmA2: Combined Operations, which is what most people have.

ArmA2: OA has several new factions (the U.S. Army, the Takistani Army, the U.N., and some guerillas), a campaign and SP missions, and a new map called Takistan. It also introduces new features like thermal scopes and wearable backpacks. Most servers these days use Takistan (not talking about DayZ, no idea what the deal is with that), so it's definitely worth downloading.

Hope this helps.

if you can install OA go for it. amazing and then you can also get ACE2 which pumps realism up to the next level. not much OA MP going on that i can see, but dayz is going strong...