Sign in to follow this  
iOGC_Aenigma

Issues After Beta Installation On Server

After I have installed the beta patch and set it to run on our Arma 2 server the servers do now not communicate with gametracker or Arma 2 Swec. Is this a common problem that I have not found the solution to?

Also when I run the beta patch the server still reports it is using just version 1.60. Some servers do show which version of the beta that they are using is there a way to make my server do this?

Should I also run the beta folders as a mod?

Cheers,

Aenigma

servers do now not communicate with gametracker or Arma 2 Swec

Are you using a server config?

Defining a config to use in the shortcut target line : "C:\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" -config=serNoMods.cfg in this config should be this: reportingIP="arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

server still reports it is using just version 1.60

What executable do you use? The beta executable for arma2OA is located inside the: C:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta folder use this to start the server

Should I also run the beta folders as a mod?

Yes

program files (x86)\bohemia interactive\arma 2\expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2309 -config=serfallu.cfg "-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@brg_africa;@ibr_plants;@MBG_Buildings2;@csj_snake;@chn_crocodile;@ibr_lcivilians;@Lingor;@Lingor_units;@dingor;@PRACS" <

RACS +Dinrgor & Lingor example!

Thanks for the reply Larsiano,

I am using the correct reporting IP and the correct Beta executable as you stated.

I have also been running the beta folders as a mod but noticed that some in the server browser do not and still show the correct version running.

This is something that is really bugging me now. It shows up in the game browser so is definitely reporting to gamespy just not getting picked up by gametracker or SWEC.

The betas still report version 1.60 in the MP browser as far as I know.

If gametracker or SWEC cannot pick up the server, it means they cannot query it so you might have ports blocked.