Sign in to follow this  
sn1per

How about a chechnya map?

I'd love to see an island with chechnya like terrain and structure. One bigger city and small villages up in moountains. Most of the roads could be small mountain roads with hill overlooking them from both sides. Random sized woods and bigger "highways" going through the whole map.

Is there anyone else who would like to see a chechnya campaign with the siege of grozny, omon road blocks getting raided with small groups, terrorist hunt from mountains and villages and of course, armored column ambushes in mountain roads.

So if theres any wrp edit gurus out there, I'd be more than happy to help ya out in the map's geographical design.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sn1per @ June 20 2002,07:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd love to see an island with chechnya like terrain and structure. One bigger city and small villages up in moountains. Most of the roads could be small mountain roads with hill overlooking them from both sides. Random sized woods and bigger "highways" going through the whole map.

Is there anyone else who would like to see a chechnya campaign with the siege of grozny, omon road blocks getting raided with small groups, terrorist hunt from mountains and villages and of course, armored column ambushes in mountain roads.

So if theres any wrp edit gurus out there, I'd be more than happy to help ya out in the map's geographical design.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah that would be cool. I don't know if you've seen it but on my site, I have a Chechnya mission that has OMON forces (although just using regular Russian soldiers and not the addons which I got later) and with a Spetsnaz parachute assault. It's a huge battle to try and capture a hill top fortification. It's very tough. The link to my site is in my sig at the bottom.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 20 2002,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if you've seen it but on my site, I have a Chechnya mission that has OMON forces (although just using regular Russian soldiers and not the addons which I got later) and with a Spetsnaz parachute assault.  It's a huge battle to try and capture a hill top fortification.  It's very tough.  The link to my site is in my sig at the bottom.<span id='postcolor'>

Miles, you beat me to the post. biggrin.gif

I couldn't play your Winter Chechnya properly on my PIII 700. So I use the lite version.

Awesome mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 20 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 20 2002,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if you've seen it but on my site, I have a Chechnya mission that has OMON forces (although just using regular Russian soldiers and not the addons which I got later) and with a Spetsnaz parachute assault.  It's a huge battle to try and capture a hill top fortification.  It's very tough.  The link to my site is in my sig at the bottom.<span id='postcolor'>

Miles, you beat me to the post. biggrin.gif

I couldn't play your Winter Chechnya properly on my PIII 700. So I use the lite version.

Awesome mission.<span id='postcolor'>

The only think I need to change I think is the sniper rifle you start off with. I should have left it like I did for the original mission where you start off with a PK. I always find it alot funner slugging it out through the forest and up the hill. I should maybe throw in an artillery script as well perhaps. smile.gif

But anyways for anyone that plays it, I recommend ditching the SVD rifle and pick up an AK or PK from a dead body. At the very last follow your leader so you can engage in some down and dirty combat. I love it when the Chechnyans come running down into the forest and try to outflank you. Things get really hairy when you got bad guys running around all around you. smile.gif There are a few other minor things I need to fix on that mission as well...in fact...I think I'm going to go work on it right now. smile.gif

Oh...I hope everyone likes the movie intro as well. That's probably the best movie intro I've done for any mission. It took me ages to do that one but I think it was well worth it.

smile.gif It gets the player into the right mood for the mission I think. By the way that's me whispering "Spppppetssnaaaaz!" as they run in slow motion through the forest. Hehehe!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hear Hear, I have always been an advocate of a Chechnya map biggrin.gif If you need pics of units just say so