Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

The Alt-Looking (Freelook/Freeaim?) - Locks around center.

I don't recall this issue before.

I am running on the latest beta patch, and when I hold alt to free aim, it has a bit of a lock within the initial position of when the button was pressed. It looks like it stutters whenever I pass through this point. It's very "ugly" and makes it hard to aim around the initial freeaim position.

Isn't it just the deadzone? Check: Options > Game Options > Aiming Deadzone: And set it to the left :)

No, it's not aiming deadzone. I will post a vid soon.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8ErB3_iIU&feature=youtu.be

Watch the motion when I move the weapon while holding Alt.

See how it jerks into place near the initial area? This makes it near impossible to aim properly whilst holding alt and looking near the center.

No, it's not aiming deadzone. I will post a vid soon.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8ErB3_iIU&feature=youtu.be

Watch the motion when I move the weapon while holding Alt.

See how it jerks into place near the initial area? This makes it near impossible to aim properly whilst holding alt and looking near the center.

I am partly able to reproduce this... but have to investigate further.

But apparently without ALT-look i have some sort of symptom too, but instead it is not confined to the direction where the ALT key has been triggered and it happens all over the place. Maybe a repro + cit ticket is in order...

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

ok, symptoms:

Conditions:

Aiming Deadzone - 0

Weapon sighted (RMB)

ALT-look

Symptom > Both the world view + weapon "jitter" 2 times around the place where ALT key was pressed

Expected > smooth movement of both weapon and world view with no jumps/jitter

Reproduced this with beta 93415 AND 93586

Patched 1.60 with no beta does not show these symptoms. I wonder how far we have to backtrack in betas to find this regression.

Better to keep these in a spoiler since they are most likely unrelated with OP issue. And are characteristic of both the betas mentioned and version 1.60 (without betas).

Conditions:

Aiming Deadzone - 0

Weapon sighted (RMB)

NO ALT-look

Symptom > Only weapon (model) "jitters" as you move around, while world view moves smoothly

Expected > Smooth weapon movement.

Edited by gammadust
correction

Has this been fixed, I have the same issue however I don't have it in Arma 2 itself just in CO. I'm running 1.62 stable.

I thought I located it somehow by creating a new profile but when I setted up my controls again it somehow came back, it's really annoying. It looks like when with iron sight up and free aim on (I have this on toggle when I use it) in the center it makes a small jump with the head to the left or right but the weapon stays in the same position.

I tried the 1.63 beta patch but it's still in there.

Ok i've also tried 1.60 and it's not in there for me. Guess we'll have to wait until 1.63 stable for this to be fixed, if they even notice it, perhaps it's just a new feature.^^

Edited by RavoC