Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

new and actual object list for Visitor (Project request)

would you like to have such an opbjectlist and would you help out to realize that?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to have such an opbjectlist and would you help out to realize that?

• Yes we need such a list and I want to help
    • Yes we need such a list but I cant help out (lack of time), sorry
    • No we dont need such a list anymore, ArmA2 is too old now, but I want to help nontheless
    • No we dont need such a list anymore and I dont want to help to realize that

Hello everybody,

I was looking around for an objectlist for Visitor3 and found the one that was offered by ZeroG in 2010.

Unfortunately are those objectnames provided on images only and though barely readable do tue the low resolution of the images.

I haven´t found much more working lists so far and think about to create one by my self to provide as a pdf file, where the image and the class name and describtion are written in a table.

The only problem is that it is a pain in the ass to do it alone and since I am a busy guy with family and a work, I want to ask if someone or some more people want to help to realize such a project.

I am aware about that ArmA3 is standing in front of the doors, but that shouldn´t actually be a reason to not have such an object list.

So please do me a favour and answer the question in the poll whether you basically would like to have such a list or do you think that A2 is already such an old guy that such a list is no more needed.

If enough people still want to have such a list and even a few are willing to help, so I create a social Forum group to keep in touch, organize and share progresses.

Thanks

MemphisBelle

Edited by MemphisBelle

Thanks for your offer, I hope that some more will join as well.

So far we are a few folks already I´ll gonna create the forum group and provide TS details.

I am currently about to prepare an example of what I want to become at the end. I might have the example pdf finished within tomorrow.

Ideally you would automate this as far as possible.

I would tackle it this way:

Create a mission that creates a fixed camera view. Write a script that goes through the entire present config and scouts for all object that are present and configured. Then Createvehicle each one at a time at the fixed position the camera is pointing at. Then set up Fraps or any other screengrabber tool to take a picture ever x amount of seconds. Then synch the picture-taking with the creating of each object. And after some time you will have pictures of all configured objects. Coherently store classname and model-path data (Not too hard to get then) in the .rpt file.

Then match the data from the .rpt to the taken pictures and you have a library of all present and configured objects that are currently present.

Pro:

* Works on its own, no need for spending hours of clicking, adjusting and screencapturing.

* Automatically picks up 3rd party addons as well

Cons:

* Does not catch unconfigured objects.

This way you will cover a vast majority of the assets very time efficient.

I finished the example of what I´d like to get at the end. It is a pdf file. Please check it out. This is what I think we can do...either by hundrets of billions of clicks....or by Mondkalbs assistance...;)

The example file can be downloaded by following the link below. This Objectlist contains the tree´s from the plants_e folder only...

I am sure that if we can get enough people togehther, and everyone is focusing on somethings special, so we can easily and quickly get an prommissing Objectlist for ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Download

With list of objects and a PBO name it should be child's play to create the config.

I guess if I could out how objects are defined in a config it would take me a few minutes to create the config. (gosh i really need to learn something quicker than java :P)

OK, three folks want to help out so far, honestly I thought that such a Project would be a lillte more of interest. But may be most of the Island maker already have their own list.

So to you three guys, please PM me, whether you still want to do so. If yes, I create the Forum group and then we can get in contact and talk about that thing. If you dont...I´ll cancel that idea again

regards

Memphis

With list of objects and a PBO name it should be child's play to create the config.

The Mapfact Editor Update comes to mind.

For having all objects? That would be too bad, I was looking forward to learn something in the process :D