Sign in to follow this  
Facemeister75

Where could it be?

Recently saw Black Hawk Down and loved it,now of course you know I want to recreate it!! Damn!! I can't recreate it without a map that has a nice size city on it for that good ol' urban warfare. Also, on the addon sights that I know of I don't see any Somali militia or those pickup trucks with the 50 cals mounted on them that the militia drove around the city! Out of all the cool add ons out there, that movie made me recognize that there are no Islands with big cities. Could one of you slick Island makers and skin makers pleeeeze make an Island where there can be urban warfare and the Somali militia?? biggrin.gif If I could do it myself I would but I'm still reading up on how to create and honestly I'm not getting it. I know you all have seen the movie and you can't make me believe that it didn't inspire you.I know it did. Lets get that city and the militia goin' on. Thanks.

Ay Speeeedy!! Tell me it ain't so. Are you tellin' me that Resistance is going to have a big city on the island?? You seen some screen shots? If so, thanks for the good news. wow.gif

Two points about make a BHD mission:

1) Several have already been made. One example can be found at Miles Teg GD's OFP Missions Page.

2) If you make your own big town, which is not integral to an island WRP file, be aware that many have failed before because of the immense lag this creates when playing. This has been much discussed already.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heinrich @ June 18 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you create the city in WRP edit the lag will be much less.<span id='postcolor'>

That's part of what I said. Whatever you make in WrpEdit is an integral part of the island WRP file you've created.

Then you have to be aware that many people are going to balk at downloading a mission that requires an island addon. Just imagine everyone starting to do this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 18 2002,19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heinrich @ June 18 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you create the city in WRP edit the lag will be much less.<span id='postcolor'>

That's part of what I said. Whatever you make in WrpEdit is an integral part of the island WRP file you've created.

Then you have to be aware that many people are going to balk at downloading a mission that requires an island addon. Just imagine everyone starting to do this.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, don't think that will be mush of a problem, since the new ilands are (mostly) under 100 kb. So i don't think that is something to worry about!

Arch.

That is a problem though I think that if the mission and / or island is good people won't be too bothered dowloading it if the island is included in the zip with the mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 18 2002,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Two points about make a BHD mission:

1) Several have already been made. One example can be found at Miles Teg GD's OFP Missions Page.

2) If you make your own big town, which is not integral to an island WRP file, be aware that many have failed before because of the immense lag this creates when playing. This has been much discussed already.<span id='postcolor'>

yea Avon I tried miles mission and my pc isreduced to a slideshow.... Do u have any tips?

P3 1.1 gz 512 ram

gforce 4mx 64 ram

winxp

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ June 18 2002,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yea Avon I tried miles mission and my pc isreduced to a slideshow.... Do u have any tips?<span id='postcolor'>

I would wait till he puts out version 2.

Miles has a Winter Chechnya mission. Because so many people, even with good systems, grumbled, he put out a Lite version.

You could always contact him and gripe/ask. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ June 18 2002,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 18 2002,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Two points about make a BHD mission:

2) If you make your own big town, which is not integral to an island WRP file, be aware that many have failed before because of the immense lag this creates when playing. This has been much discussed already.<span id='postcolor'>

yea Avon I tried miles mission and my pc isreduced to a slideshow.... Do u have any tips?

P3 1.1 gz 512 ram

gforce 4mx 64 ram

winxp<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I apologize for that. I need to put a HUGE warning on that mission stating that it requires a very hefty CPU. sad.gif

I'm trying to reduce the lag with a respawn script but I'm having some problems with it. Hopefully someone will make a desert island with plenty of buildings as part of the map. That will help ALOT with the slow framerate problem. The main culprit is just all the buildings on the map and I've already reduced the number to a minimum. sad.gif

But hopefully I'll be able to reduce it a little bit if I get this single player respawn script working properly that will allow me to reuse the same enemy soldiers over and over again. That way I don't have to use hordes of enemy AI and hopefully that will help increase the frame rate a bit. smile.gif

The new version will also feature a better movie intro and music from the movie. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, can you give an estimate on when version 2 will be out? i am anxious as hell to play a BHD type mission ?and will the little birds be included with the new blackhawks ?which by the way i saw and must say look awesome as hell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadistic Steve NFWA @ June 19 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles, can you give an estimate on when version 2 will be out? i am anxious as hell to play a BHD type mission ?and will the little birds be included with the new blackhawks ?which by the way i saw and must say look awesome as hell.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah yes thank you for reminding me!!! That is another reason why I haven't released the new version yet. I am waiting for Capt. Moore's Little Bird addon pack. Currently I'm using the Kiowa Warrior with some scripts to mount the Delta Force soldiers to the skids (doesn't work very well) and to get them rapelling from them (which isn't how they inserted in real life), however with the new addon pack I'll have real MH-6 and AH-6 Little Birds that I'll be able to use to make the mission much more realistic. Only bad thing however is that they are kinda dark grey'ish colored and I don't think Capt. Moore is going to retexture them to black.

But oh well...that's close enough and I'm sure someone will retexture them to make them darker.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks alot mum, and Miles smile.gif AVON FOR PRESIDENT lol