Sign in to follow this  
MadMak

Getting kicked from servers for wrong signatures

Hi,

I have a problem. I am getting kicked from servers for wrong signatures and I don't know why.

Game is patched to 1.60

BE - updated.

-checkSignatures gives no errors

Log from the server:

8:33:44 Player MadMak.41: Wrong signature for file E:\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\addons\characters_e.pbo
NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #342115094, users.card=5
NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 342115094
Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 342115094 (MadMak.41)
8:33:44 Player MadMak.41 disconnected.

8:38:11 Player MadMak.41: Wrong signature for file E:\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\addons\dubbingradio_e.pbo
8:38:11 Player MadMak.41 disconnected.

8:42:13 Player MadMak.41: Wrong signature for file E:\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\addons\l39.pbo
8:42:14 Player MadMak.41 disconnected.

I have i5 2500K

Asus P8Z68-V LX

8Gb RAM

GTX 550Ti

Arma installed on SSD

Win7 x64

Additional software that may cause problems:

Avast AV

ZoneAlarm firewall

Please, help me. This is getting frustrating.

Edited by MadMak

does it happens on all servers?

please try beta 1.60.92767 build (this are 1.61 betas), your problem might be related to packet issues resolved after 1.60 final release

does it happens on all servers?

please try beta 1.60.92767 build (this are 1.61 betas), your problem might be related to packet issues resolved after 1.60 final release

Yes, it happens on all servers, but it does happen randomly. I am getting kicked in a few first minutes after joining a server. If I wasn't kicked in first few minutes, I can play for the whole round without a problem. Sometime it happens many times in a row (as you can see in the server log, I was kicked few times, but after that I have played a whole round), but after n attempts to connect, I can play normally.

Beta patch doesn't help.

Tried clean reinstall - didn't help. The only mods I have are @pr and @dayz.

Also, I own a Russian copy of the game (could it be the problem?)

Disable:

# Avast AV

# ZoneAlarm firewall

Try a different router.

Try to place with your PC at a friends place.

This way you can narrow down the problem.

Thank you PvPscene.

Actually, I think, that the latest beta patch have helped (previous didn't). And I've added the whole Arma2 directory to the white list in AV and firewall. I wasn't kicked for two days, but will test it a bit longer .

ok sounds good :)

Hm once or many times? On all servers?

3 times. On different servers, running different mods.

Okay. Since the latest patch i seem to have a similar issue. Iam trying to play the Citylife RPG mod, and get kicked randomly with the "Wrong signature for file ..."

The file seems to be random and not always the same. I also did a Steam file validation and also a Six updater check on all my files.

As the OP has his game on an SSD, i start to get a suspicion.

I have arma2 AO also installed on an SSD drive.

To test this further, i moved it to a normal harddrive and tested again. And you know what? Not a single "Wrong signature for file..." kick anymore.

I moved the Game back to the SSD and this error started appearing randomly again.

Sometimes directly on Login, sometimes when loading the map and sometimes even when i played for half an hour already.

As this Problem just started a few Days ago i guess there is an issue with the latest Beta Patch + SSD Drives.

Would it be possible for you guys to take a Look into that?

Having the game running on a normal HDD is very annoying as the loading times get more than twice as long as compared to the loading times when the game is on the SSD.

I also did several Checks on the SSD itself and it has no errors, nor do other games have issues.

Thank you for your Time.