Sign in to follow this  
mandaloin

Loadout screen and mission fade out?

Disclaimer: I'm completely new to editing and this is my first user-made mission. I've spent hours searching for solutions to no avail.

I would like to know how to do two things I often see in custom missions.

First, I would like a briefing screen before the mission starts where the player can select his own loadout. I would also like there to be a very wide selection of weapons.

Second, I'm trying to figure out how to get a fade to black once my mission is complete. I'm doing a simple town skirmish and I'm trying to get the screen to fade to black once all the OPFOR are either dead or outside the trigger area. I've seen some tutorials on this but my problem is I'm able to get the fade out once all OPFOR are dead, but the mission doesn't end. I just sit there with a black screen and the game keeps on going. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Edited by mandaloin
typo

Weapon selection before mission:

you must add weapons classnames to description.ext file in your mission (check bi wiki or here how to do this) or you can unpebo someone else mission and copy his description.ext with weapons and add what you want :).

Fade black- for example use command

titlecut ["","black out",1]

~1

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

To end mission after all opfor are dead remember to set up in that trigger:

end1 or end2 etc. After you kill all enemy units in that trigger are mission will end.

Thanks for the weapon selection thing. It'll take some time, but I'm sure I can figure that out.

As far as ending my mission goes, I'm still unclear as to what to do. I have an End #1 type trigger down, and I can get the screen to fade to black once the objectives are met, but the mission still isn't ending. Perhaps someone could show me verbatim what to type into each box?

EDIT:

Problem solved. I had to rename each trigger to END1, END 2, etc. Thanks for the help!

Edited by mandaloin