Sign in to follow this  
hoodieblanket

BattlEye: Client not responding please help

Hey guys, me and a flatmate have been trying all day to get this game to work with battleye servers. It just continues to kick us

We have removed all firewalls, re installed both the games as well as manually installing/re installing battleye, we have updated the firmware in our modem (Orcon Genius modem) and ran both steam as well as OA as admins. Ran Combined Operations through steam.

I've googled everything but no help at all. I load into a server and then 2 seconds later "Battleye:client not responding" - I've confirmed this with my flatmate as he gets the exact same error from a fresh install. I heard it may be due to packets that are sent being too small, and unsure how to fix this

please help!

Seems similar to mine

( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134285-Kicked-(Battleye-client-not-responding)-VPN-Byte-size-pinging )

Might be your router, I think the thing to test is:

Start bar > type CMD and press enter.

in the command prompt type "ping google.com -l 8" and it should try to ping it with 8 bytes of data. If you get packet loss, that'll be the issue...

I think.

Seems similar to mine

( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134285-Kicked-(Battleye-client-not-responding)-VPN-Byte-size-pinging )

Might be your router, I think the thing to test is:

Start bar > type CMD and press enter.

in the command prompt type "ping google.com -l 8" and it should try to ping it with 8 bytes of data. If you get packet loss, that'll be the issue...

I think.

just did it. no packet loss.

You might want to try changing your router, i had the exact same experience as yourself, tried everything. Setting the game running in an un-firewalled, DMZ'd machine, making sure the DLLs were registered, turning off UPnP, enabling Ping (to stop fragmenting packets) and also changing my MTU size to also sort out any issue with secure connections.

found the issue was with my router, a Netgear DGN1000 (FW: V1.1.00.41_ww) i swapped to an ancient Speedtouch ST536v6 and voilla, everything worked, on a side note, my flatmate who was having an issues with Darkspore and Everquest and those issues dissapeared too, so i think its a way the Netgears handle TCP/IP connections, and i will be writing an email to netgear and trying to test some different netgear hardware too see if the issue is only with this model or weather its more widespread.

Anyways let me know if this works in the context of your issue and if you try a different router and it clears it up

Olson here, I was pulling my hair out for about a week trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to any Arma3 servers. I'd join, get to the lobby, choose my team/slot, try to join and everything would seize up on the loading screen. My buddy would keep an eye on the log and it would either say Battleye client not responding or Steam Ticket check failed. I tried every off-the-wall fix I could find online (Adjusting the overclock on my GPU, disabling firewalls, changing virus protection, etc) nothing worked. Then one fateful afternoon, I looked down at my task bar and saw the familiar orange swirl of the Origin icon sitting next to my steam icon... I thought to myself "No... There's no way it could be that simple..." Going off the "Burger King doesn't talk to Wendy's" theory, I figured heck, why not. Lo and behold, not a single problem connecting to an Arma3 server.

Final summation: If you're running around in circles trying to figure out why battleye and steam are preventing you from joining servers, check to see if Origin is running, if it is, kill it.