Sign in to follow this  
harkkam08

Better command structure with GUI and Medical Transport for the injured?

One compliant is how your squad doesn't respond correctly to your commands, when you tell it to move to a certain point he will more 5 meters or more away from what you pointed.

Two and most importantly can BIS improve the way commands are given, make the interface more 3D, for example in some games you have a icon that you can drag around and put behind objects telling where the soldiers to go, the command system is so clunky, with the text options is there a way to group or present it better so in battle i can issue commands faster to my troops

Also I really feel arma 2 is lacking and thats the ability to load injured soldiers on to a helicopter in a stretcher or a vehicle. Usually he either dies in field or you can heal him back to full strength. I would like the option that a medivac of some sort be called in by land or air and then your injured solider is loaded on to the vehicle and he is then transported away to safety, rather than instant heals in the field. But being able to transport the injured body is something that I really would like to see.

I have been talking about it to death, it just that no body seems to understand or accept the fact that the current squad command interface suck ass.

ACE actually has these features (optional though), however a lot of missions do not use them. (aka you can have it so normal soldiers can only stop bleeding, but need a medic to give epi or morphine, and you have to go to a field hopstial in order to heal fully (and stretchers too)).

I don't think they will be forced upon us, but rather an optional module. My clan sometimes plays with all that stuff and it does make the game more interesting as 1 bullet, and your out for at least 10 minutes whilst you get evaced. (that is probably why very few use those modules).

One compliant is how your squad doesn't respond correctly to your commands, when you tell it to move to a certain point he will more 5 meters or more away from what you pointed.

They move pretty precisely for me. Unless you tell them to move only a few meters.

the command system is so clunky, with the text options is there a way to group or present it better so in battle i can issue commands faster to my troops

Faster? It's already fast. If you want your group to return to formation, in file formation, and you want them to open fire and engage, you simply press 1,1,8,8,3,1,3,4. And that was from the top of my head, without pausing.

Also I really feel arma 2 is lacking and thats the ability to load injured soldiers on to a helicopter in a stretcher or a vehicle. Usually he either dies in field or you can heal him back to full strength. I would like the option that a medivac of some sort be called in by land or air and then your injured solider is loaded on to the vehicle and he is then transported away to safety, rather than instant heals in the field. But being able to transport the injured body is something that I really would like to see.

I second this.

Medevac would be great, include loading of dead soldiers too.

You could make missions where every soldier (dead or alive) would have to make it back to base.