Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

How does ArmA handle multiple mods that modify the same classes?

If there is anyone on here that knows anything about how the engine handles multiple mods using the same classes or files like CfgVehicles for instance. I've wanted to make an Armor mod recently. And I don't know if anyone understood what I was asking, but I want to change values and percentages of health and armor for every Blufor\Opfor based genre. I have the values and parameters working for every unit that came with the game it self. But I have been having a lot of trouble with modded units from external addons. I just want a simple and faster way of redefining values for all units rather than doing it separately which could take a god awful long time.

My mod is simply just to expand the normal presets of the wounding system and add a few more features. A lot of times I see units dying on the first or second bullet hit, but if you ask me that is a bit ridicules for military grade body armor. I'd rather see someone pass out or get knocked down on the ground rather than death. I have plenty of videos demonstrating real life body armor, and how well it is under combat. I even have some graphic videos of people being hit nearly 15-25 times in the chest by an AK round. It severely bruises or causes some internal bleeding however it doesn't usually kill someone unless its powerful enough.

DeclaredEvol

Especially in the editing forum, it is important to word your thread titles descriptively.

+1 warning for non-descriptive thread titles.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first.

Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

last loaded wins = overwrites previous config "active" values

use a respective/long requiredAddons list to ensure being loaded last

last loaded wins = overwrites previous config "active" values

use a respective/long requiredAddons list to ensure being loaded last

thanks for the help, i am still having some problems with ACE mod though. SLX allows my mod to change some things, but in the meanwhile ACE has changed the entire game's class structure in some ways. I saw my self faced to face with a completely new structure under the Russian and USMC groups. In Vanilla ArmA 2, all of the infantry are located under Men. And with ACE its all located in Men(Woodland), Men(Desert) etc... so I still haven't seen the cfgVehicles ACE mod has for the class structure. And I have a feeling I wont every find it without the help of the ACE Team.