Sign in to follow this  
SGT M

Making an Aircraft ignore AA Fire?

Ok, I know this has been asked before, and I seem to have lost the thread(s) that covers this, even after searching on google and this forum for 3 hours, I still can't find it. So if anyone could link me to the respective thread via PM or this thread I would be grateful, otherwise, here is my situation. I have a mission with a mass paradrop from C-47 Aircraft (Invasion 1944 mod), the jump works perfectly. All I want to add now is cosmetic AA fire coming from the target airfield TOWARDS but not INTO the C-47's. I've tried giving AA units the doFire and doTarget commands on various invisible targets, which doesn't seem to work, but that's a different story. Anyway, since I can't have the AA units fire at nothing, and I don't mind losing a couple of aircraft in the drop, I thought I could try and find a way to just make the C-47's ignore the AA fire altogether, as they keep breaking formation as soon as the flak guns open up. Is there a command or script that I can use to make them maintain their course under fire?

Put this in the lead choppers init:

{
_x disableai "AUTOTARGET";
_x setCombatMode "BLUE";
_x setBehaviour "CARELESS";
_x allowFleeing 0;
} foreach (units this);

The helicopters should now act like nothing is happening.

Put this in the lead choppers init:

{
_x disableai "AUTOTARGET";
_x setCombatMode "BLUE";
_x setBehaviour "CARELESS";
_x allowFleeing 0;
} foreach (units this);

The helicopters should now act like nothing is happening.

Great Thanks! This works perfectly, although for anyone else viewing it should be noted that if you do not want the aircraft's running lights on simply remove "_x setBehaviour "CARELESS";" as this is makes them turn their lights on. Removing this command has no effect on their ability to ignore enemy fire, it just means they are running dark (kind of essential in a predawn raid!).

Nice work.

SGT M - Check PM for AAA fire stuff too.

Thanks Zodd I just tested that and it works great aswell! I might implement that in the other mission I'm working on :D. You should post it on this thread for anybody with a similar need.