Sign in to follow this  
voiper

FLIR vision/goggles?

I'm trying to write a small script that allows the player to see the built-in FLIR from OA without a weapon (FLIR goggles).

I know about setCamUseTI. I don't want a camera. I want player to be able to see in FLIR while he is in control (or, alternatively: is there a way to preform camCreate while allowing players to keep control of their characters?).

I've tried the old pre-OA ppEffect commands, but the fakery is pretty terrible.

There's some kind of low-level function that weapons and vehicle slots call to turn this mode on for the player. I'm assuming that ACE has a call to this function, as custom items (Vectyr, MX2) have NVG/FLIR optics. I've had the bug on several occasions where your vision gets stuck in FLIR mode outside of weapons/items (likely caused by a failure to call said function off). In early versions of ACE the 240 gunner on the Abrams CSAMM had FLIR vision without even looking through the gun's scope (!). So I know it's technically possible in the engine.

Can anybody think of a way of achieving this through scripting?

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

:smileflower:

Well, it's not older than four months, but he did sort of spam. Perhaps next time, helios932, you can give it a whirl and then come back with what you tried, instead of adding comments that add very little to a question that no one has yet been able to answer?