Sign in to follow this  
M.Evans

Vehicle Collision

Is there a way to make it so that humanly controlled vehicles cannot crash into each other online, we are practicing formations, and it would be nice not to rubberband and crash into eachother.

A little more information about this, we are a flight group, flying in tight formation in arma 2, we need to disable the collisions to practice, there has to be some kind of object collision detection script or something along those lines correct? if not, is there any other alternative that anyone can think of, Thank you.

I'm not sure you can have that kind of control over the engine but, you can always wait for more answers.

tried it, did not work, can you give me an example? It doesnt look too complicated, but maybe I am doing it wrong.

If all else fails, you could set all aircraft & all units (including players) to allowdamage false. Won't stop collisions but you can all keep flying & practicing. Actually that might be a better solution - you won't have anti-collision scripts if you join a game on someone else's server (well, I would hope not) so you & team-mates need to learn how to avoid the collisions yourselves.

Maybe someone could come up with a proximity warning, e.g., "dangerously close to aircraft at 270 degrees, 10 meters and closing!"?

ya thanks, that might work, only, I am correct, I would put that in the vehicles init line and that is it right?