Sign in to follow this  
thetrooper

Trigger not working, whole group not present

For some reason I have a trigger that just doesn't want to work. It's simple really.

I got a group of opfor in a trigger radius. Its grouped to the commander and set 'whole group', 'not present' then runs a script. Script isn't running so something wrong with the trigger. Any ideas?

maybe if I name the group, and have a script that says if _group not in thelist or something?

no response on this one then?

You need to clarify the question as it doesn't make sense eg the option 'whole group' does not exist, why have you grouped the trigger to the leader? Also please post how you are calling your script and the script. Also exact trigger settings pls.

Edited by PELHAM

ok. I don't have a trigger working and can't work out why.

How do I set a trigger to activate when a group dissapears from it's area?

I have an objective to take out an enemy Firing Point. I have a group of OPFOR in a location. The trigger is grouped to the OPFOR because I want to refer to that group.

Activation: Whole Group, Not Present.

But this will only activate under a condition that another trigger has been activated first.

Condition:

TriggerActivated compound_trig;

Activation:

0 = [] execVM "task_fp1.sqf";

task_fp1 sqf file:

tskobj_2 setTaskState "Succeeded"; taskhint ["Objective Complete!\nFiring Point 1 Destroyed", [0, 1, 0, 1], "taskDone"];

WHen the group has dispersed from the trigger and been destroyed, nothing happends :confused:

EDITED:

Is there a way I can set it up in the condition, and run a script to say if the group ie. FP1Grp not in the trigger area?

Edited by TheTrooper

OK I get it now.

1st trigger that activates set a global variable to true in the onAct:

comp_trig_var=true

2nd trigger set to Activation: Anybody and condition:

comp_trig_var && {_x in thislist && alive _x} count units FP1grp ==0

That will check if the 1st trigger has fired and check that there are no live units of FP1grp in the 2nd trigger

You don't need to group the trigger to the group - the condition does it all.

Edited by PELHAM