Sign in to follow this  
Harzach

Odd difficulty in getting certain addons to work

Hi all -

I have all Arma 2 content installed (A2, OA, BAF, PMC) running as Combined Ops, Steam install. No problems there.

I just recently started looking at addons. I installed Blastcore 1.2 with no issue. Following the same procedure, I then attempted to install two new islands (Clafghan and Fallujah 1.2). They show up in my Expansions list and are ticked, yet they do not appear in the editor map list.

Also, I have tried to install a few SP missions, to no avail. I have put them in every Mission folder I can find, yet they never appear in the Scenarios list.

I have searched through this forum (as well as Armaholic) for answers, but every possible solution I have found has not worked.

If I had any hair, I'd be pulling it out by the fistful!

Any ideas?

Thanks for your kind attention.

I'll give it a try, but as I am the type of person who likes to understand why things do or don't work, this will bother me until I get it figured out.

I'll give it a try, but as I am the type of person who likes to understand why things do or don't work, this will bother me until I get it figured out.

Finding out that it works with a different tool should help, especially considering you can read back the startup parameters and such, and compare / test.

Oof. Now I have to figure out how to use this, too! I'll get back to you in a few weeks...

OK, that was easier than expected. I now have Blastcore, CLAfghan, Fallujah1.2, Carraigdhub (WOW!), and a few dependents installed and enabled via SU. They all seem to play fine, though they are not seen by Arma:CO. Still trying to figure out that issue, though I'm not sure how big of a deal it really is.

I am still unable to get these missions to show up, however. They are just .pbo files, and I have tried just about everything. Is there a way to add them via SU?

Thanks, by the way - great utility.

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere and enjoying SU :)

What game edition does SU state is active? OA, A2, or CO?

In case it does not detect CO - this should sort that out: http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+FAQ#Detect%20seperate%20Combined%20Ops%20installation

In any case, for CO, mods and missions need to be installed to the folder containing OA.

I think I'm all set. Looks like it was actually launching CO all along, it just looked different (splash screens, menu backgrounds). All of the SP scenarios and campaigns are there, as well as the addons I have installed. As for the missions, the OA mission folder must have been the one place I did not try...works perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help! I've been gaming for 35 years and modding for 15, but Arma 2 has me feeling like a total noob again.