Sign in to follow this  
cheeseburger

few questions of a beginner

hey

so i'll probably buy combined ops in an hour or 2, and there are still a few questions i have..

1. What is the best Soundmod available?

2. What is the latest Version of WarFX? Or is there an addon wich is better than Warfx, and delivers better Explosions/Particles/Effects (vanilla is ugly :()?

3. Whats the best AI mod so far?

and last but not least:

4. If WarFX is the best mod for Effects, is it possible to use it with Invasion 44?

Dont beat me :eek:

I played the Demo for a few hours and i love, l.o.v.e. L O V E it!

Edited by cheeseburger

Ok thanks so far, anyone here who can answer the remaining questions?

ps: finally bought it, see you on the battlefield ;)

okay, i purchased it on steam and downloaded + installed it, but the Setupwizard of PR and Invasion 44 are saying that arma 2 isnt installed.. what did i do wrong?

EDIT: CBA missing

EDIT 2: oh gosh that will be a pain in the ass to install it

EDIT 3: expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe couldnt be found

Edited by cheeseburger

okay, i purchased it on steam and downloaded + installed it, but the Setupwizard of PR and Invasion 44 are saying that arma 2 isnt installed.. what did i do wrong?

EDIT: CBA missing

EDIT 2: oh gosh that will be a pain in the ass to install it

EDIT 3: expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe couldnt be found

You maybe have a problem with the Steam installation (especially if you bought CO [A2 + OA]. Have a search in these 2 threads

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101214-ARMA-2-CO-(how-to-combine-ARMA-2-into-ARMA-2-OA-and-use-together)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden

Can't be more specific as I don't use Steam, I like having the DVDs.

You need CBA for i44 as it contains the DAC pbo version. Essential for many other mods & addons.

The beta is a separate download. I suggest you start playing with the stock 1-60 [OA] / 1.11 [A2],

BR

Orcinus

CO doesn't work as it should probably because you launch CO via Steam. You shouldn't. Just launch Arrowhead alone and it will find ArmA2 content by itself (you may need to launch ArmA2 once before, for it to be registered).

This way you will have access to WORKING in-game mod manager, unlike in case of Steam launched CO.