Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Unit moves even after command (dostop unit)

I made a trigger with condition „A knowsabout B <2“ and on activation „this exec „cutscene.sqs“. Cutscene.sqs is my script.

In my script I gave unit A the order to move to unit B (player) with the command „A domove getpos B“, then I wrote a line: „? (A Distance B) <= 1.5 goto „talk“.

After #talk I continued as follows:

dostop A

A setbehaviour „CARELESS“

A playmove „FXStandBug“

Titletext ... (I wanted A to talk to the player and then run to a russian soldier nearby)

A domove getpos Rus

and so on...

My problem is that A moves to the player and starts talking, but he continues walking or running straight forward after reaching the player. He doesn`t stop!! Why that? He runs off, without even changing course to the russian, but the titletext-commands are followed...

confused.gif

Try the "move" command instead of "domove". Sometimes it works. Also "domove" will not take into account any "setspeedmode" command.

Their also could be a problem with the "playmove" command.

You might need to end the effect with the playmove "FX*action*End" command.

Worked for me last time I had the problem.

Thanks so far!!! biggrin.gif

But the unit doesn`t even perform the playmove/switchmove action. He just runs to the player-unit and then moves away in a straight line.

Is it possible that this behaviour is related to the WPs I gave A? I made A patrol in a large circle. Then I wanted the cutscene with him to play, right after he sees the player. Can it be that he continues following the WPs even in the cutscene?

1: Do you loop around

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">? (A Distance B) <= 1.5 goto „talk“.<span id='postcolor'>

or do you check that just once?

2: Does that doStop really work? I haven't fiddled with that..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dostop A

A setbehaviour „CARELESS“

A playmove „FXStandBug“<span id='postcolor'>

Using stop, that would become

A setbehaviour "CARELESS"

A playmove "FXStandBug"

~0.5

A stop true

So basically that orders A to play the move, and waits

a bit and then tries to freeze him. I don't know if that

wait is needed. Also, have you tried switchMove

in place of playMove?

1. I only check that one time.

2. so far dostop didn`t work wink.gif

3. I`ll give switchmove a try!

But it`s kinda strange that he moves straight forward. Because there is no command for him to do so after reaching the player unit confused.gif

I still think I made a mistake because I gave him the patrol WPs earlier...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. I only check that one time.<span id='postcolor'>

What happens then if the distance is bigger than 1.5 m?

Nothing?? confused.gif

Unit A moves to the position of unit B and that until he is 1,5m away from him. (That`s a good distance for communication wink.gif ) Then he should stop and start babbling.

I don`t get your point, do I really need a loop?

Hoh...

I think I understood!! The script is activated „before“ the unit starts moving towards unit B. So A can`t be close enough to B, because he hasn`t moved yet. Because of that I need a loop, to check the distance until A has moved near enough to B. Is it that way? Since the stay in Cologne I feel soooo stupid...

You don't necessarily need a loop, just replace this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">? (A Distance B) <= 1.5 goto „talk“.<span id='postcolor'>

with this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@((A Distance B)<= 1.5)<span id='postcolor'>

So the script waits there until the A and B are close to

each other!

Fast Show?

Doesn`t sound familiar to me. Nothing that is shown in german television, I guess confused.gif

Well, but if I manage to get this cutscene to work I almost have my Operation Stiletto mission Final tounge.gif

Fast Show is a british tv show.

One of the best tv programs ever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Operation Stiletto mission Final <span id='postcolor'>

All right, congratulations, man!

I won't be near computer tomorrow, because i'm going to

the provinssirock festival, but on monday I can host it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have fun!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes I will!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rammstein will rock you!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes they will!!

"Ich will eure Stimmen hören

Ich will die Ruhe stören"

biggrin.gif

"Quatsch!"

I've studied german (or germany??) in elementary school and in high school, for total of 4 years..

But then, I must have forgotten about 75% of the skills I once

had.. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 13 2002,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Quatsch!"

I've studied german (or germany??) in elementary school and in high school, for total of 4 years..

But then, I must have forgotten about 75% of the skills I once

had..  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It`s german, that`s our funny language. Germany is the country.

I also forgot 75% of my latin skills sad.gif