Sign in to follow this  
hellfiremonty

Dogs of War - Killed at Start

So, I just completed Badlands (I had to used the endmission cheat - we were all standing around waiting for something to happen) and as soon as I start Dogs of War my team gets butchered. Any thoughts? I saw the old thread regarding editing the file, but surely there is another solution?

Could you add some details? Butchered how? Do they start dead, get killed by frendlies etc? Which side you're playing?

Could you add some details? Butchered how? Do they start dead, get killed by frendlies etc? Which side you're playing?

The mission starts, we're all alive. Cooper starts to talk to the squad about what's going on, whilst Cooper is talking one of the squad reports enemy right behind us (and there are at least three soldiers about 10-15 meters behind us, with a jeep, and an enemy base) and whilst Cooper is still briefing the squad the enemy spots us and opens fire. Less than five minutes into the mission, before the briefing has even finished.

NAPA side.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the fact I had to manually end 'Badlands'.

It is. I have the same problem - NAPA immediately opens up on Razor Team... and given that NAPA is all around you (including a BRDM), this is no surprise. You get the message along the lines of "...the alliance with NAPA is ended" or somesuch just before it happens.

Best advice would be to start Badlands again and try to get it done properly.

Fantastic.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

I take it there's no way to pick up Badlands from an old save once completed - it has to be replayed/reverted?

So, I just completed Badlands (I had to used the endmission cheat - we were all standing around waiting for something to happen) and as soon as I start Dogs of War my team gets butchered. Any thoughts? I saw the old thread regarding editing the file, but surely there is another solution?

Using endmission cheat or any cheat is not recommended, because it messes up decisions that never happened because you ended mission early or that happened but were resetted because of this stupid endmission cheat feature.

I have completed Harvest Red campaign 3 times now and never had to be tempted to use endmission cheats, so yes it is possible. This cheat was only meant to be used in the past (2009-2010) when some missions were so buggy that ending conditions did not work and if you ask me it should be disabled completely by now.

In your case your allies see you as enemy, because the decision of alliances is all messed up.

The text "The alliance between Guerillas and BLUFOR has ended" is not indication of something is wrong. It happens also without using endmission cheat and usually alliance is still formed after some progress in Dogs Of War. But it is also possible to play in a way that Dogs Of War starts with text saying "An alliance between Guerillas and BLUFOR has begun".

That's all well and good Hanzu, but I've gone through Badlands again and am now stuck at the same point. All the missions have been completed and it has not ended. There was a message about Longbow being attacked by the CDF, but that's it, no indication if anyone needed reinforcements or what. I went back to HQ and they were fine.

So the mission didn't end. So now what?

Edited by hellfiremonty

A stop gap solution.

All I can say is thank god for the genius of ARMA 2 players.

I used Gaia's debug console and saw JonDumela's note about endmission "endx". So then I used Kegetys cpbo.exe to dissassemble the pbo, had a look at briefing.html

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Odd.

So here is the briefing.html

<! -----DEBRIEFING----->

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End2"><localized id="briefing.html_0_4"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------Central Chernarus liberated by NAPA------>

<localized id="briefing.html_1_4"/>

</p>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End1"><localized id="briefing.html_2_3"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------Central Chernarus liberated by CDF------>

<localized id="briefing.html_3_3"/>

</p>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End3"><localized id="briefing.html_4_3"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------Central Chernarus liberated by CDF + Alliance with NAPA------>

<localized id="briefing.html_5_3"/>

</p>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End4"><localized id="briefing.html_6_3"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------Central Chernarus liberated by NAPA + Alliance with CDF------>

<localized id="briefing.html_7_3"/>

</p>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End5"><localized id="briefing.html_8_0"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------Warfare lost------>

<localized id="briefing.html_9_0"/>

</p>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End6"><localized id="briefing.html_12"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------KIA------>

<localized id="briefing.html_13"/>

</p>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:Loser"><localized id="briefing.html666"/></a></h2>

<br>

<p>

<! ------Murderer------>

<localized id="briefing.html667"/>

</p>

<br>

If I choose end3 or end4, when I start 'Dogs of War', I run into the same problems as before - there is a message stating 'the alliance between guerillas and blufor has ended', I end up in an OPFOR camp, the enemy 10-15 meters behind me spots me and starts shooting whilst I brief my men. Now that can't be right.

If I revert Badlands and immeadiately use debug console and try end3 or end4, the same happens again. So the same thing happens at the start of Dogs of War if I endmission 3 or 4 at the start of Badlands or if I play through the entire Badlands and then have to do it.

So I'm at a bit of a loss...I don't see why it's suddenly sticking me slap bang in an OPFOR camp who suddenly hate me - if I've picked the specific ending.

If I choose end2 I start in a different place (Novy Sobor) and I don't get killed. So this, to me, suggests something is wrong in the scripting of end3 and end4, but I'm taking a stab in the dark.

This is the solution that looks most promising.

Edited by hellfiremonty
links.

Further info - by using the debug console and 'player allowdamage false', I managed to have a bit more of a look around without dying. I'm at grid co-ords 074085, a large base of some kind. There were like 30 guys spawning just shooting me non stop.

My missions are capture Myskino, Putoshka, Vyshnoye and Pulkovo. On the map I am Blue....which is very confusing.

I still contend something's wrong in the scripting...seems to me you can't have an alliance and kill Prizrak without something going wrong.

Edited by hellfiremonty

My temporary solution:

As soon as game starts, bring up debug console, and use the following commands

BIS_cooper setPos [(position BIS_CDFBegunov select 0) - 1.5, (position BIS_CDFBegunov select 1) + 1.5, 0]

BIS_Sykes setPos [(position BIS_cooper select 0) - 2.5, (position BIS_cooper select 1) + 2.5, 0]

BIS_rodriguez setPos [(position BIS_cooper select 0) - 3.5, (position BIS_cooper select 1) + 3.5, 0]

BIS_ohara setPos [(position BIS_cooper select 0) - 4.5, (position BIS_cooper select 1) + 4.5, 0]

However, once moved to the new location, any supply trucks coming to the base are green and are being shot at. The alliance has not been registered by the game.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Okay, so digging through the files, I found a reference in initTIPcompatible.sqf that moves my squad to bis_napastart, which is where they all got shot.

if (BIS_C4Joined == "NAPA" && !(BIS_C5Alliance)) then {

BIS_cooper setPos markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart";

BIS_cooper setDir 37;

BIS_rodriguez setPos [(markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart" select 0) + 4, (markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart" select 1) + 1.5, 0];

BIS_rodriguez setDir 270;

BIS_sykes setPos [(markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart" select 0) + 2, (markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart" select 1) + 2, 0];

BIS_sykes setDir 230;

BIS_ohara setPos [(markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart" select 0) + 1, (markerPos "BIS_NAPAStart" select 1) + 3, 0];

BIS_ohara setDir 170;

I understand the functioning of if statements, generally speaking, but what is the '& !(BIS_C5Alliance)) testing? If BIS_C4Joined = NAPA And not BIS_C5alliance then move squad?

Edited by hellfiremonty

I still contend something's wrong in the scripting...seems to me you can't have an alliance and kill Prizrak without something going wrong.

I refuse to believe the scripting has changed since I had no such problems and I played right after the official mission data was changed last time. Since you seem to be able to handle all that mission editing you probably have no problem in trying with my save game where Dogs Of War should start with CDF base with CDF and NAPA alliance. http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Arma%202%20Combined%20Operations/campaign.7z

Remember to revert Dogs Of War. That save is played with 1.60.87580 which is old beta by now.

Resolved.

Uninstalled, deleted all directories and save games, reinstalled. Suspect there must have been an 'AddOn' or something causing a conflict.

Resolved.

Uninstalled, deleted all directories and save games, reinstalled. Suspect there must have been an 'AddOn' or something causing a conflict.

Thanks for letting us know. Can we assume the same reason caused this too https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29201 ? Very likely we would have seen other reports for Badlands beeing broken again.

Oh lordy, I'd forgotten I'd even flagged that up! My apologies. Yes, resolved that too.

Always a pleasure to close a ticket. :)