Sign in to follow this  
leopard a2

air raid

hi,

hello guys there are script or command for drop bomb from a plane?

You have a lot of solutions to do what you want:

-1 Without scripting (no addons): place a laser blackop and A10 LGB on the map. Blackop paint targets with LD for the A10. If the blackop is AI it will only target tanks but if the blackop is a player he can paint anything (ground, rock, tree, house, vehicle, infantry...). You can also use the OH-58 which have intregrated LD but crew must be players or it will not work with AI alone. Keep in mind that the plane you use must have laserscan enable in the config.cpp to be able to lock the lasertarget (i.e: it doesn't work with BIS Su25).

-2 Without scripting (addons): There's some plane addons with irlock bomb. It means that those planes will engage tanks with bombs by themself.

-3 With scripting (no addon): there's several option with scripting. You can use the fire command (i.e: unitName fire "LaserGuidedBombLauncher"). You can createVehicle the bombs under the plane when it is close to his target. Or you can detect when the bomb is fired by the plane with an addEventHandler Fired delete it and createVehicle another bomb directly on the target to simulate a precise airstrike.

-4 With scripting (addons): There's few invisible tagret addons (search engine is your friend). You can for example use onMapSingleClick command to allow player to mark the target he wants to destroy, an invisible target is created here and the plane bombs the objective.

Good luck.

cya.

Nikiller.

can you write an example with point 1 and 3?i'm not very good with the script..thanks..

Here's the demo of air raid script adopted from DMA Dynamic Mission (with Sanctuary's permission), I made for mission using OFPL addons. But this demo is addon-free.

It's started by trigger or radio command, and then you assign target by clicking on map. After some time plane arrives and drops it's deadly load. Unfortunately I don't know how to force plane to drop only one bomb (ATM it drops all bombs resulting in massive explosion). Generally it's Nikiller's solution #3 - createVehicle bombs under the plane.

Credits go to DMA Team!

Edited by krzychuzokecia

You can try this one, it has lots of things that you can modify like bomb spread, number of, ect. *Link*