Sign in to follow this  
Lu_08EU

Having units from one faction use another faction's vehicles.

Hello all,

I've been searching (and I do apologize if this has been discussed before because I could not find it at all) to see if this is even possible. My friends and I have started creating missions using Isla Duala (props to everyone attached to it, best African map I've seen yet) and have been wondering if this is at all possible.

Is it at all possible to have a faction (let's say the African Rebels used with Isla Duala) use a piece of equipment (in this case a ZSU-23 flatbed technical from Chernarus) in a mission? Is it possible to take either an "empty" vehicle and script it to be manned by African rebel models, or even take a "manned" Insurgent technical from another addon and have the character models be replaced by the African rebels? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lu

Yes it is. Create crew units and vehicle (in editor or in script), and move them into the empty vehicle using script. Use commands moveInDriver, moveInGunner and moveInCommander. Note: command moveInGunner can fail if the vehicle has more than one gunner position. In that case, use command moveInTurret to specify gunner's gunner position.

For list and explanation of the commands, see following link:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_ArmA2

@Lu_08EU

I released a script that will do exactly what you are wanting. You can set any faction to spawn using any vehicles you want them to have.

The Link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131434-SLP_Spawing-script

Take a look at the demo mission and readme. You have to set up the faction in the units_config or ACE_units_config(if you are using ACE).

Nomadd