Sign in to follow this  
Macadam Cow

Linking ArmA 3 with DCS/Combat Helo/Steal Beast

Would you like to see DCS linked with ArmA ?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see DCS linked with ArmA ?

• Yes
    • No

It all depends on a number of factors, model weights would probably be the largest and there's a setting for the drag flaps create in the config, but I don't know how much this translates into lift.

Mavericks are kind of a middle ground between tab-lock and searching for a target. You slew the cross-hair over a heat signature and it automatically locks onto the target like a Javelin, fire and forget. (Unlike mando -_-) What I'm more concerned with are the Passive IR seekers, like the Sidewinder and Stinger, there is "no lock button" at all and you can fire one off whenever you want (Looking at you Mando...) Hopefully BIS develops a system for these weapons where it automatically goes to the hottest part (Provided there's good LoS on it). Maybe a "laser" system, similar to ACE's laser guidance, where there's a fake laser that only heat seeking missiles can see and the missiles automatically home in on the best one that it can see? I dunno, crazy idea.

And without turrets on aircraft a realistic targeting pod is impossible. You have to be able to move the camera. This paves the way for other possibilities too. Two birds, one stone. ;)

As for the radar, you're talking about in regular ArmA 2? OA has a very different radar layout.