Sign in to follow this  
shadow

New single-player mission

Woo-Hoo  wow.gif

I'm actually productive again biggrin.gif

Well I started working on this mission while I was in the middle of making "Clearing a Path", and in all the frustrating bugs I encountered under way I had to put my mind on something else once in a while. And as always; What I start I have to finish (I'm probably not the only one around here feeling like that).

Okies, enough with the babbling....

Readme.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mission Name : The race against time

Made by Shadow

e-mail shadow@planetrainbowsix.com

Please e-mail me any feedback or comment in my forum: HTTP://home.c2i.net/shadow

Remember to visit: HTTP://www.planetrainbowsix.com/ATWAR

Play-Type: Single-Player

Objective: Stop the Convoy. Steal the battle-plan and get out.

Island: Malden

Side: West

Daytime: evening, 18:30

Player: Blackop

Teamleader: n/a

Teammate(s): 0

Additional Info:

Requires v1.30 or Higher

Made and tested on 1.46 only

Intro and no outro

(sorry for no outro, I needed to get this done so I can finish one more mission before OFP:Resistance is released)

:-)

Hint:

You are not alone. Use your radio if you need re-enforcements<span id='postcolor'>

And here are a few samples to feast your eyes on tounge.gif

race1.jpg

race2.jpg

race3.jpg

race4.jpg

If you want to host this mission on a non-fileplanet server; feel free to do so as long as the zip remains intact.

Hope you enjoy it.

Download "The race against time"

UPDATE: forgot to mention the filesize...1.8 MB (due to a home-made mix of an additional soundtrack)

Shadow,

I just downloaded the mission. I'll give it a whirl over the next few days and report back with a critique.

Good to hear.

Feedback is always nice to get wether its positive or negative smile.gif

Shadow,

Overall...good mission. Challenging at the "stop the convoy" part using mines instead of the more flexible satchel charges a-la Bomberman. After 4 or 5 tries I figured out that by placing one mine at the exit curve of the tightest curve, and the other two on either side of the road at the entrance of the curve works best.

The lead tank makes it around the curve, blows up and inevitably the trailing T80 and Shilka dive off the road. Right over my other two mines. I let the squad mop up. One thing here...the WP "Convoy" is misleading. It makes you think the convoy is in that spot. May want to change it to "Stop Convoy".

Getting past the back-up soldiers that come later wasn't too bad, I fainted way east until the squad blew up their vehicle...then moved back in to pick them off.

At the town I may have called in the other squad too early before whittling down their troops with sniper fire. It worked out okay anyway.

I retrieved the documents and took off. Got picked-off on the first try. Nice touch putting an ambush out there.

There is a bug at the end. I reach the jeep, the screen goes black and has the title "Nice work, Commander". Then it just sits there. No debriefing comes up. It acts like it's hung right there.

Over all good mission. Challenging, but not frustrating and can be accomplished using a variety of strategies.

I look forward to your next one!

I'm glad you liked the mission. btw I was inspired by Bomberman. I played it to death a zillion times before I started working on my own 'bomberman-mission' smile.gif

Sidenote: I always use mines in Bomberman...

Damn! GRRR! so you got the bug where the mission don't end at the evac-point too sad.gif

I got that 3 out of 10 tries.

Guess I'll put all the end-happenings in a script instead.

External scripts seems more stable anyways. Don't know why I did'nt do that in the first place tounge.gif

How did you like the intro?

First, minor things:

1. In the init cutscene, it should say "A<span style='color:red'>n</span> (not "A") OFP Mission By Shadow"

2. In the plan you say the convoy is going east. You meant west.

3. In the plan, you have the words "Battle Plan" hyperlinked to the map. The town name "Larche" should be linked instead.

4. In the plan, it says "were to strike". It should say "w<span style='color:red'>h</span>ere to strike".

Now the major thing:

I placed the mines, called in Bravo, went up the hill and hid.

Boom went the lead tank and one of the trucks. The T80 from behind went around, along with another truck. The Shilka got it from Bravo and I sniped the remaining truck driver.

The T80 detoured around the road and eventually went into the hill side where it continued to infinity to try going up and kept falling down again.

I had nothing to destroy the tank with and apparently neither did the half a dozen Bravo members, standing around looking at the tank.

I even went and blew up the truck I sniped with grenades but it seems with that tank going nowhere forever, I could not complete the mission.

Loved the init cutscene, BTW.

I have a comment to make about what PopUp Target said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After 4 or 5 tries I figured out that by placing one mine at the exit curve of the tightest curve, and the other two on either side of the road at the entrance of the curve works best.<span id='postcolor'>

In real life, you don't get more than one chance. Missions should be reasonably designed so that you don't have to study scripts or unit movements before you get a chance to play the mission correctly.

Shadow,

I loved the intro. And Avonlady reminded me of the point of the convoy moving West, rather than East as mentioned in the briefing.

Avon - I had to try several times because I kept getting mowed by the shilka. One of these days I'll learn to hide behind a rock, rather than a bush. And of course real life isn't like this...that's why this is a game.

You're still mad at me about that map reference thing for the Extraction Point aren't you? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 13 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon - I had to try several times because I kept getting mowed by the shilka.<span id='postcolor'>

There's plenty of time to place the mines before the Shilka arrives. What took you so long?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And of course real life isn't like this...that's why this is a game.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't totally disagree with you but it takes some of the fun out of the game if you have to rely more on observing scripted vehicle behavior than employing strategy.

Anyway, unlike you, I would have had the convoy destroyed the first time if it weren't for that tank in a loop and Bravo company being armed only with pee-shooters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You're still mad at me about that map reference thing for the Extraction Point aren't you? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Of course not! I got ya back above now, didn't I? tounge.gif

Thanks for correcting me on all the grammatical errors I've made. I just rushed some words down in frontpage and exported it in the editor. Next time I'll go to the toilet before starting to write a briefing. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately that T-80 incident you had Avon, is out of my hands. Its the AI.

btw those 'pee-shooters' are 2 LAWsoldiers and 1 ATsoldier (that should be more than enough along with your 3 mines) ....

West - East ...what's the difference biggrin.gif

hehe only kidding. Will fix it and update it. But I hate version-numbers on missions so a new version-number will not be added.

UPDATE:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. In the plan, you have the words "Battle Plan" hyperlinked to the map. The town name "Larche" should be linked instead.<span id='postcolor'>

I meant to 'show the player' where on the map that battle-plan is located. I'm sorry if you where looking for Larche instead LOL biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ June 13 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But I hate version-numbers on missions so a new version-number will not be added.<span id='postcolor'>

It never hurts to have a version number at the bottom of the mission's overview page (above or below your email address).

I've noticed that many missions that were made available from mission makers months ago are now showing up as newly submited to places like OFPEC. When this happens, I have to sometimes do extra homework to figure out whether this is something more up-to-date than what I already have.

oki doki

a version-number in the readme then.

Is that alright with you ofp-mommy ? tounge.gif

Oh yeah Avonlady?!? Well nyah,nyah,nyahpoopoo...

*Avonlady, caught off guard, reels from the intellectual onslaught*

Besides, if you had used the mines correctly and effectively, your squad wouldn't have so much to do... tounge.gif

Hmph!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ June 13 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon, how many missions have you already collected?

I`m just curious  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exluding my mission packs, the ULOTC missions and official ones, around 70 SP missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 13 2002,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Avonlady, caught off guard, reels from the intellectual onslaught*<span id='postcolor'>

I can take it!

cheesehead02a.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 13 2002,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is that...emergency food source? A poor mans MRE?<span id='postcolor'>

Supermarket dairy counter CQB camo outfit. Better watch you six in the fruits & veggies section, too!

Carmen.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 13 2002,10:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First, minor things:

1. In the init cutscene, it should say "A<span style='color:red'>n</span> (not "A") OFP Mission By Shadow"

2. In the plan you say the convoy is going east. You meant west.

3. In the plan, you have the words "Battle Plan" hyperlinked to the map. The town name "Larche" should be linked instead.

4. In the plan, it says "were to strike". It should say "w<span style='color:red'>h</span>ere to strike".

Now the major thing:

I placed the mines, called in Bravo, went up the hill and hid.

Boom went the lead tank and one of the trucks. The T80 from behind went around, along with another truck. The Shilka got it from Bravo and I sniped the remaining truck driver.

The T80 detoured around the road and eventually went into the hill side where it continued to infinity to try going up and kept falling down again.<span id='postcolor'>

1)Fixed

2)Fixed

3)No bug

4)Fixed

The major thing:

OFP AI feature tounge.gif

Updated version available here

Shadow,

I'll download and give the new version a whirl. Is it the same filename as the old one? In other words will it simply over write the old old file, or do I need to delete the old one?

Oh, by the way I was replaying the original last night and the stupid T80 did the same thing it did to Avon. Tried climbing the rock wall while my guys stood there and watched.

I solved the problem by shooting the LAW Soldier, taking the launcher and firing all three LAW rounds into the tank. That took care of it. But it left me with nothing to shoot at the BMP that arrives a minute later...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 14 2002,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it the same filename as the old one?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 14 2002,13:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shadow,

I'll download and give the new version a whirl. Is it the same filename as the old one? In other words will it simply over write the old old file, or do I need to delete the old one?

Oh, by the way I was replaying the original last night and the stupid T80 did the same thing it did to Avon. Tried climbing the rock wall while my guys stood there and watched.

I solved the problem by shooting the LAW Soldier, taking the launcher and firing all three LAW rounds into the tank. That took care of it. But it left me with nothing to shoot at the BMP that arrives a minute later...<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

Each time I test that mission the T80 never gets far nomatter what biggrin.gif

Did you place the mines at all? tounge.gif

Sorry, but I can't do anything with your T-80 issue. It's the AI acting that way.

Oh I know there's nothing to be done with the T80. It's part of the uncertainty of combat and adds to realism, and it also challenges the players resourcefullness.

Yeah I did place the mines. One on the road and two on either side hoping the following vehicle would swerve off once the lead tank got it. It works sometimes. Sometimes not.