Sign in to follow this  
160thSOAR

ArmA2 OA "Error Compiling Pixel Shader" Error

I am using an HP Pavilion dv6 that I believe meets all system specs. ArmA2 base game runs normally, but ArmA2 OA will not function. I am using the Steam version.

First, I get a message that says, "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'." When I hit OK, I get a quick black screen and then an error message saying "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0".

I know that this often comes from troubles with incorrect paths to Beta versions or something like that, but I have just installed my copy of OA on this computer. I have not downloaded anything other than the base game. I have already tried reinstalling, which did not help.

Looking at the specs of your Laptop i would like to know what graphic cards you actually do have. HP's homepage lists several choices.

Besides that, did you ever installed DirectX9?

I know that Win7 (which is preinstalled) comes with DirectX11 but this doesn't matter. ArmA 2 is a DX9 game and therefor installing it is mandatory. You don't have to worry, it wont mess up DX11, look at it as a completely different software rather than a different version of the same software.

AMD Radeon HD 6520G.

As for DirectX9, I believe Steam installs that automatically the first time you start the game.

The first time I installed it, I initially tried to start Combined Ops instead of running ArmA2 OA once. I forgot that you had to run each standalone before trying Combined Ops, but I don't see why that should be a problem, since I've reinstalled the game since then.

Thanks for your help! I've used a few of your mods in the past as well; thanks for that too.

ArmA appears to have had a "whoops, just kidding you!" moment. Even though I didn't do a thing, my game now works fine.

I have no idea why that happened. :/ I'm just happy I have had good luck!