Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

DVD version and updates

Hi all

Being playing the demo version for some time and looking at getting the full version. Do the DVDs have the patches included or will there be a new release dvd which will include updates.

Cheers

Rhys

Although I can't say for sure, it's unlikely that any current DVD version is 'patched' past the digital launch version (v1.01) out of the box; rather, recent DVDs may include the newly added languages.

The latest patch, 'Bainbridge' (v1.03) has the latest updates. These changes are not included in the current demo - which is also v1.01; i.e., the same version as digital launch.

The upcoming patch, 'Cougar', is currently in beta testing, and will be released asap.

Best,

RiE

Hi RiE

Thank you for the reply. Got an amazon voucher which I will use to purchase the DVD. Great game and hopefully there will be future addons for the game

Cheers

Rhys

Although I can't say for sure, it's unlikely that any current DVD version is 'patched' past the digital launch version (v1.01) out of the box; rather, recent DVDs may include the newly added languages.

The latest patch, 'Bainbridge' (v1.03) has the latest updates. These changes are not included in the current demo - which is also v1.01; i.e., the same version as digital launch.

The upcoming patch, 'Cougar', is currently in beta testing, and will be released asap.

Best,

RiE

Well, I bought the german boxed version at release date (december 16) and it was at version 1.0.2. So I guess it depends on the publisher.

Well, I bought the german boxed version at release date (december 16) and it was at version 1.0.2. So I guess it depends on the publisher.

Yes, this is precisely why - without checking - we can't be 100% on versions across regions/ publishers!

The joys of PC development and distribution :)

Yes, this is precisely why - without checking - we can't be 100% on versions across regions/ publishers!

The joys of PC development and distribution :)

Yeah, but the version of the DVD doesn't really matter. Downloading and installing the patches is a piece of cake and you are up to date in no time. And since you guys started a beta program like in ArmA it's even better.

I just wanted to say: you guys rock! :yay: