Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

History of american suburbia

I live in the deep sticks. But I gota drive through this kinda shit if I want to go to a BEST BUY or any other good store 50ml's away sad.gif Urban sprawl makes me sick!!!

tell me about it!

not far from place where i live, there is some parcel of land around highway that is for cattle grazing. currently i heard that an oil company is thinking of building houses there!

no way!

we already have enough traffic problem!

hehe, we dont have to worry about urban sprawl, because noone in their right mind wants to move out here tounge.gif

Some people I know moved out of the city and into burbs, saying the crime rate in the city was to high and they didn't feel safe. So no more than 2 months after moving in, late at night, a couple robbers broke into their garage and were snooping around their first floor of the house while they were sleeping upstairs. The wife awoke to the noise and called 9-11, and it took the cops 6 minutes to get to their house because they life in an area where the f'in streets are like a maze (lots of dead ends, turn arounds, most of the houses look alike) and it's so god damn confusing trying to find a house, let alone at night. Meanwhile here in the city, I saw some suspected fellows lurking around the backyard of my neighbor's house one night and called the cops, less than 45 seconds later they're showing up at the house.

And in the local suburbian newspaper, there's a weekly thing about crimes commited in the area, and always point out when a crime is made by a person from the city, like it's us city people that are the cause for all the crime out there. Well, I know a cop who works out there, and he tells me over 75% of the calls he gets involve either their teenagers from the burbs causing trouble or some old woman calling because her neighbor is having sex and they're moaning too loud, or a dog barked once after 8PM and that's against the law. He said he once got a complaint from a old woman saying that her neighbour was making too much noise when he drove down the street to get home from working the late shift. Too many complainers living in the burbs, I wouldn't stand a week out there.

-=Die Alive=-

true...most ppl don't understand that due to quietness of suburbs that their can be worse things happening.

I live in birmingham alabama, birmingham isnt a huge city, but its still a fairly large city. But i dont actually live in birmingham, i live in one of the many small cities, or municipalities sorounding it. There are about 15 small cities sorounding birmingham, and they are all neighboorhoods with grociery stores and such. All the small cities are big rivals of each other, becuase the high schools of all the cities are constantly playing the other cities in sports. So i dont know if i could really clasify myself as a suburbian, becuase im only about 10 minutes away from downtown birmingham. Not like most suburban towns which are usally around 30 minutes or more from the city.