Sign in to follow this  
jump artist

Take on and FLIR

Hey there, Im on the cusp of buying this for alot of reasons, but one of the main ones is to actually see a FLIR display in the cockpit using render to texture. I read that you cant control it?

Is it actually viewing the scene in real time, or is it just playing a pre recorded scene on the monitor.

Has anyone attempted to work with the Render to texture functions to attain any sort of moveable flir??

Thanks in advance

The technology is real-time, so the RenderTarget(s) (RT) in the cockpit are linked to cameras in the virtual world. Each RT can have a mode such as daytime, TI, NV, etc. If the RT camera is linked to a turret, it shows where the turret is looking.

One limitation currently is that if the turret optics support multiple vision modes (which can be used within the optics view), the RT does not change (it uses one fixed vision mode).

DnA, you care to give us a hint on how to enable the FLIR?

I tried setCamUseTi, but no luck.

Thanks

setCamUseTI is used to enable TI on a camera created by camCreate (or at least the currently active camera).

There also is a new command to set an effect directly to a RT: setPiPEffect

On the config side (in the vehicle class):

class RenderTargets
{
class MDF1
{
	renderTarget = "rendertarget0";

class View01
	{
		pointPosition= "z_FLIR_pos";
		pointDirection= "z_FLIR_dir";
		renderQuality = 0;
		renderVisionMode = 2;
		fov = 0.7;
	};
};
};

Linking camera to turrets: attachTo was updated to include new parameter for direction. If it's attached to a memory point, direction is updated with its movement.

Yay, setPiPEffect is exactly what i was looking for... Thanks a lot!

I'm creating a small tutorial and demo mission (which I'll post later), on how to use cameras with PiP. Switching to FLIR was the only thing i couldn't figure out. :thumbsup:

One limitation currently is that if the turret optics support multiple vision modes (which can be used within the optics view), the RT does not change (it uses one fixed vision mode).

do you think that limitation could be removed in future ? so you can make switchable mfds or monitors ?

greetz

masty

This is not true.

I can cycle between the modes on the fly. FLIR on, FLIR off, no problem. Zoom in and zoom out works as well. :confused:

Edit: Sorry, I use a cam, not the turret optics. But as a workaround, you can surely make the cam to "simulate" the turret optics.

This is what I'm trying right now. :D

Edited by sxp2high

This is not true.

I can cycle between the modes on the fly. FLIR on, FLIR off, no problem. Zoom in and zoom out works as well. :confused:

Edit: Sorry, I use a cam, not the turret optics. But as a workaround, you can surely make the cam to "simulate" the turret optics.

This is what I'm trying right now. :D

if you are in optic mode it works, but if a second player looking at the render to tecture it doesent change.

saw now the edit :D

@OP RTT rocks. :D

TRvTppxTCKs

Edited by sxp2high