Sign in to follow this  
darkiron

Youtube and video right :

Hi,

Youtube ask me a proof of the right to use ArmA games for make some video. I ask you to, if I have the right to do ?

If Youtube send me some money I can buy Take on after Carrier commande and ArmA III .

My videos:

JAf_PKHzvXQ

DK9dia-_Ph4

uJWd58gVRRw

Thanks BIS,

PS: I'm sorry if I'm not in the good forum for my ask !

you are allowed to create movies and alike acording to EULA as long as there are NO COMMERCIAL gains on your side.

So no, Youtube is not alowed to send you money (i don't know why they would be willing to do it in the first place).

I found one, but you see the pub if you are not logged in to your YouTube account.

Basically you are not allowed to make Money with BIS content!

I am also very curious to find out if BIS can change their official postion on this. I beleive this involves Youtubes option for video uploaders to participate in add revenue for the uploader's videos. The problem with the concept is that the restrictions are so rediculous that hardly anyone can participate. The main restriction that frustrtates anyone who wants to promote Arma via videos on our YT channels is that "Video Game" footage cant be shown in your clip without permission and the EULA for BI wont allow it.

So, in short, if you make Arma 2 machinima, clan videos, battle montages using Arma 2 you cant monetize your videos.

If I may kindly speak something to BIS. So many of us dedicated Arma 2 players found out about Arma through Youtube. I know I personally purchased Arma 2 after seeing battle clips and machinima from particular users like Richiespeed and Lito. Their videos are THE reason I purchased and also why I made my videos which have in turn garnered attention.

Why can't a little add revenue, paid by Youtube, be permissable for the people that spend time to promote your game? How many people may have purchased because of what we upload and make?

I know the EULA says we can't be paid from videos we upload but can this be changed? Is it really out of the question for Youtubes simple ad partnership method to be taken advantage of by people dedicated to promoting your product?

Sorry for the wall of text, I love the game, please take this a genuine query from a Arma loyalist and not a complaint....just dont see why the restriction when the benefit to both the user and BI is obvious. I actually have put on hold my machinima making for now becuase I cant justify the time put in with nothing to show for it aside from the views and comment asking for more to be made.

Thanks to darkiron for bringing this up, I was planning on doing this as well.

-dcal

thanks Dcal : if one of my video has inspired a user to buy the game so I'm happy (for me and BIS).

I think this is the case: 22 598 on my gaming live Operation Arrowhead!

Well I guess that you could try to negotiate with BIS. But I really doubt that they will allow that someone makes money with their product. Surely not because they disrespect you or don´t enjoy your videos, but more on principle.

I respect this ..

Juste I didn't understand : Youtuble block monetize for me but not for Vagabon789 for exemple !

How do you know he is making money from the AD revenue? Also if he does, he seems to use mods on these videos too, so I wonder what the mod makers will make of it aswell? (dunno if he makes all these mods though)

Contact should be made via PM which is a more appropriate avenue for such discussion.

So, I suggest you contact Placebo at first and see what he has to say about this and he can direct you where else to ask this question.