Sign in to follow this  
nomadd

3rd view MP script question

I am using a snippet of code from GDT spectate(credit to GDT for the code). In the paramaters you can enable or disable 3rd person view. The question is how will this effect mp? Will it work on all players? Testing it in the editor it works fine, but I know when I host, things sometimes work differently.

sleep 0.1;

while {true} do {

sleep 0.1;

waitUntil {((cameraView == "External") and ((vehicle player) == player) and alive player)};

(player switchCamera "INTERNAL");

};

I am calling the .sqf from a trigger. The activation being based on what the paramarray is.

I did it this way to have the option to play a mission more hardcore or to be able to play it a bit more relaxed.

Nomadd

Works fine in Multiplayer we have this code in all maps on our server... ;)

@Buliwyf

Thanks for the info. This is now going in all my missions. Hate trying to remember to change the server settings before I load a mission. This way I can change it in the mission with the other paramaters.

Nomadd

Scary, there actually are servers with 3rd person view NOT disabled? :/

It was a hosted game. So I would just change the difficulty level depending on the mission and what the group I was playing with felt like doing. Sometimes it is just fun to play ARMA and blow sh*t up. May not be realistic but who cares it is just a game, of course other times it is fun to play as real as possible.

Doesn't really matter much now. Most everyone I was playing with have moved on the other games. I still enjoy learning more about scripting and making missions .

Nomadd

@shuko

We don`t like 1st person view in vehicles. With the scripted solution we can realise to have 1st person as infantry and 3rd person view in vehicles... ;)

It`s a pity that BIS didn`t allow different settings for infantry and vehicles...

:cool: