Wobble

Wobble's axis of evil

Gimbals:

Highfrequency sounds

Highpigment oils

Highschool kids

Highlights on the news

Getting high

Well, in Spain we call him "Presidente del Gobierno", so he is President.

About Franco being better than the communists... well, you are talking to one whose grandparents fought the Civil War against Franco and then where exiled from their motherland for 40 years. I would have gladly killed that bastard bare handed and anyone who supported him. Oh, by the way, Spain wasn't a communist country before Franco's dictatorship. It was a Republic.

1. If you have a King you don't have a president, whatever you call the Prime Minister.

2. The republicans in the civil war were communists, or a large part of them were. I know it was a vicious war but look at Spain today compared to countries in Europe that have emerged from communism.

Every totalitarian regime is violent and brutal, Franco didn't invent it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 10 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. If you have a King you don't have a president, whatever you call the Prime Minister.

2. The republicans in the civil war were communists, or a large part of them were. I know it was a vicious war but look at Spain today compared to countries in Europe that have emerged from communism.

Every totalitarian regime is violent and brutal, Franco didn't invent it.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, maybe in english speaking countries he is called Prime Minister, here we call him President.

Lost's of republicans were communists because everyone who wasn't a fascist was republican. That included anarchists, communists, and even moderated right wing parties. Spain wasn't a communist country. After WW2 the americans supported that fascist son of a bitch because he was against communism. Why the hell didn't the allies kick his ass (like they did with Mussolini and Hitler) and put a democratic government? Did Italy become a communist country after Mussolini's death? Did Germany (west, i mean)? Instead, they left us with a fascist dictator for 40 years. Life in Spain in the 60's wasn't much better than life in the Soviet Union, as far as i know. I know franco didn't invent totalitarian regimes. If i kill someone and then claim i didn't invent murder, will the judge think that i'm not guilty?

You are right of course, I'm not defending the man, but Spain has recovered from Fascism better than countries that were under the communist boot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 09 2002,09:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">denoir's axis of evil:

1] Wobble

2] Akira

3] Assault (CAN)

4] Ussoldier11b

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm just honored to be mentioned!

I'd like to thank my ma and pa, who said if I put my mind to it I can peeve off anyone. I'd like to thank my fellow forum members who without them this wouldn't be possible. And most importantly I'd like to thank God....for makin' people I can piss off biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are right of course, I'm not defending the man, but Spain has recovered from Fascism better than countries that were under the communist boot.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, Spain has recovered very well, but remember that 30 years have passed since Franco's death, and only 11 since the fall of the Iron Curtain. Spain's recovery was slow, there was even a failed military coup in 1982 (the only really good thing the King has done for the country was giving the troops the order to return to their cuarters). However, i don't think the old soviet republics are going to recover anytime soon...