Sign in to follow this  
Humvee

Movie

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ June 09 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ June 09 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it could make a good movie.  Get Stanley Kubrick to direct, of course.  He could change things around, make it more cerebral.<span id='postcolor'>

Kubrick died on March 7, 1999, while directing the wonderful movie "Eyes wide shut". It was his last film while he was still alive, anyway. I have seen it and I like it, but as some people say, it is not mainstream.<span id='postcolor'>

Well I'm an idiot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ June 09 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And who better to be the resistance leader than Jean Reno?  (Godzilla,  Mission Impossible, The Proffessional) And I think as the blackops guy Harrison Ford would be great.<span id='postcolor'>

"Com wiz me friend, I tzake you to le resistance headkvorters"

lol biggrin.gif

Harrison Ford is what, 60 now? smile.gif

I hope it doesn't happen. It's too good a game to ruin with a stupid B-film.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 09 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MJR. Gastovski @ June 09 2002,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tom Cruise =Gastovski (after MI2 who else?)<span id='postcolor'>

eh...no thanx.....that little 40yr old pretty boy doesn't have that Gastovski attitude.<span id='postcolor'>

IMO Nicholas Cage would suit the Gastovski-role.

I think Michael Biehn and Charlie Sheen have done the specop-role too many times.

Harrison Ford could be Col. Blake

I think Russel Crowe could play the part of spec ops pretty good. He has the worn grizzy look.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 09 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, the idea of a cartoon series isnt bad.  Starship Troopers was a TERRIBLE movie (if you've ever read the book you'll know what I mean) but the cartoon series 'Roughnecks' is actually pretty darn good.

I love Avon's idea of tying the cartoon in with downloadable missions.  How cool would it be to play through a mission and then watch the episode to see how it was played out by a writer?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that's not a bad idea of doing a cartoon of the game

your right about Starship Troopers smile.gif

doesn't anybody think of the elder?? how about Sir. Connery (or wathever) you know he played real good in the rock!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Humvee @ June 11 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">doesn't anybody think of the elder?? how about Sir. Connery (or wathever) you know he played real good in the rock!<span id='postcolor'>

well.....he's even older today confused.gif

He might fit for the role of Guba though smile.gif

This is a bad idea.  However, if it were to be made, I would agree with the people that said that Jean Runo would be good as the Resistance leader, Sean Connery would be good as Guba, and Harrison Ford in his earlier years would be good as James Gastovski.  Ford may not look like Gastovski, but he could adopt the attitude (look no further than The Empire Strikes Back).  No modern actors could play the part of Gastovski.  And please, no "gorgeous" actors like Reeves, Cruise, and Bloom

Yes, I thought that Starship Troopers (the book by Robert Heinlein, not the movie) was awesome.  I haven't seen the movie, though, and will not.  Everyone I have heard talk about it says it was terrible and mangled the goodness found in the book.  They are called Mobile Infantry for a reason, people.

Ojomojo's right on this, though.