Sign in to follow this  
Zulthus

ARMA II OA Steam Error Messages

I just bought this game today and now feel like I've wasted money. I proceeded to install it, and three hours later, I try to run it. I get two error messages.

1: Right after I hit play, box pops up and says "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."

2: I proceed to hit OK and the game loads for a minute... the black screen launches for half a second then crashes to desktop. Message follows, "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

I tried a verify file integrity check, and it said a file was missing and would be reinstalled. I tried to launch it again and the same thing happened.

I tried reinstalling the game twice and the issue continues.

Anyone able to help me? Thanks in advance.

are you using or used in past okta no blur mod ? cause it seems like it (you need update that to compatible version with 1.60)

I haven't used any mods yet. I just bought the ARMA package with the Steam deal. ARMA II works just fine but OA is having that error.

I haven't used any mods yet. I just bought the ARMA package with the Steam deal. ARMA II works just fine but OA is having that error.

since you said shader, have you update your GPU driver to the latest ?

I have, but I don't have the current beta driver.

If it helps,

-GTX 460 1GB

-AMD Athlon II x4 655

-4GB RAM

-Acer 1680x1050

I bought the game today too from steam and have the exact same problem.

I first downloaded Arma 2 and ran the game once (no problems).

Then I downloaded Arma 2:OA and tried to run it once and got the same arror messages as Zulthus.

I then tried to choose the run Aram 2: CO option and a small black box appeared and ran something then disappeared and nothing after that.

Any help would be appreciated as I cant figure out a fix.

Thank You

one other thing I went back and tried arma 2 and runs fine.

I also did a file integrity check on steam and said missing 1 file, then it said it downloaded it, but still same problem.

****UPDATE**** updating to latest AMD drivers through steam solved the problem.

Edited by SoopSandwich
*** SOLVED ***

update your graphics card drivers.

Help! Exact same error messages as Zulthus et al.

ASUS G74

Gennforce GTX 560M 2GB.

How can I fix this please?!

@Soop Sandwich: Are you SURE that a mere graphics driver update has helped ? because i dont find nothing in the AMD Patch Notes about an issue with ArmA in the ... like last 10 changelogs ! which driver have you previously had, and which you updated to ?

for me the automatic update on Steam does for some reason not exist. does it not show up when having latest drivers on ??

I solved this by closing and re-opening Steam.... but now i have other problems. FUCK

Edited by Libertine

I have came across this problem as well, ARMA 2 works fine but when loading OA the error messages spoken about appear, updated graphics card to latest driver and issue still occurs.

I'm running:

i5-2400 3.1ghz

nvidia gtx 560 1gb

Also just tested other games that came in the pack that i got from steam and found that ARMA Gold Edition and ARMA X anniversary Edition also don't work although they have different problems.

Edited by the_pretender