Sign in to follow this  
QBA69

ai units won't follow doMove command

Here's my situation: I got group "reds2" (only AI units) that at some point needs to get in Ural track and after a short ride I need them to disembark and go to town (I placed marker "town" on map) where there's a fight going on.

trigger.th.jpg

Everything is fine till the moment they disembark. After getting out of the Ural they start to run into their previous positions (before mountig the track).

Can someone explain to me what's going on? Why don't they follow "doMove" command which I placed in the trigger "support arrived"?

ps.

This trigger ^^ is placed over the last WP (transport unload) of the track and I synchronized them (just in case).

@QBA

I just looked at your mission and I see the problem. Your squad only has 1 waypoint "getin". You need to make a second "getout" waypoint near the truck's unload waypoint.

If you also wanted the squad to start in the truck instead of having to get in, put "this moveincargo track" in the init field of each unit. Then if you wanted the squad to follow a path you could make some waypoints from the unload point.

try this

{_x domove getmarkerpos "town"} foreach units leader reds2

@Zulu1

You were right - adding "get out" WP (and sync with "transport unload") solved this problem:) But to be honest I got no idea how it works:/

@Aldo15

It won't work since AI units will follow their last WP after getting out of the Ural.