Sign in to follow this  
Zetetick

Swapping OFP addons to ARMA-coldwar assault?

Hello all I've had a look around the forum but can't find any answers as to whether all my tons of old "OFP-Cold war crisis/ resistance" addons (vehicle packs/ Soldier skins etc) and full game mods (FINmod/Falklands mod/ BAS tonal etc) will work if I was to put them in "ARMA - Cold war assault" folder ( if I was to buy ARMA X). Does anybody know the answer to this? any help would be appreciated , Thanks folks.

Most of the addons and mods will work, but some are dependant on either FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe or /HWTL folder. Example of 1st is ECP, all you have to do here is change name of CWA executable to Ofp name. 2nd situation is more problematic, it happens with mods which use .bat file installer for additional effects (sky, fire or binoc model like in OFrP) - there you've got to manually edit .bat installer (with Notepad for example) and delete all lines referring to /HWTL folder.

• Like 1

Zetetick, in some cases you will need to rename .exe file with "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" to prevent minor incompatibilities. That's what I've experienced so far because, as it is known, folder structure is changed drastically.

Thanks fellas, ECP was one of my old faves, I picked up ARMA X yesterday and gave your suggestions a go, Worked like a charm:yay: Loading up all these old PBOs brings back good memories!, I've only just (2weeks ago) got a computer that can run ARMA1/2 at all,so for me this is the start of a new chapter for my all time favourite game:D Thanks again guys:D