Sign in to follow this  
GFX707

Gfx707's mg pack released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ June 11 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I know the mg42 would attach to the stand that way, as that is where the bipod would also attach, but I am no expert. I will have a look for pictures

it is a NATO 7.62mm MG42 btw, they converted them after WWII

The PK is just that - a mounted PK. It uses the same ammo as a PK, etc. I will have a go at making a NSV but as I have said before I am no modeller so I can't promise anything.

I will also have a go at the MK19 but I am making addons for the East and Resistance most of all just now so the others will be done first<span id='postcolor'>

That's awesome! I would really look forward to a MK-19 MOD.

I've fired those in real life and they are THE most incredible weapons I have ever had the pleasure to fire. It's like having a portable mortar barrage at your finger tips. The rounds that it fires are different then the M203 grenade rounds however in that they are high velocity 40mm rounds. In other words they fire a little bit flatter but not like a M2 .50 cal or an auto cannon like on the Bradley IFV or BMP2. You still have to elevate it a bit though to hit distant targets. If you've ever fired the MK19's on Delta Force 2 or Delta Force Land Warrior, those have fairly realistic ballistics.

As for Russian HMG's, yeah a NSV would be awesome, but definitely a lot of work to model. A 12.7mm Russian DShK HMG would also be very nice. Excellent for using it in Afghanistan missions as the Taliban and Al Queda use the DShK quite a bit.

Keep up the awesome work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 11 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's awesome!  I would really look forward to a MK-19 MOD.<span id='postcolor'>

You'll probably like what Kegetys is working on then (the East equivalent):

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 09 2002,06:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I usually dont keep much noise about in-progress stuff, but as im veeery bored, heres something I have been working on today:

ags17_1.gif

And partially textured:

ags17_2.jpg

Its the AGS-17 Plamya automatic grenade launcher.

Im mainly doing this for resistance, to be used with all the Finnish units, but as its a Russian thingy I will propably also make an east version... If I will ever finish it that is smile.gif

Edit: heres a piccy of The Real Thing too: http://club.guns.ru/images/specops/5b.jpg (226KB)<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 09 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some progress...

ags-17_3.jpg

ags-17_4.jpg

The ammo box texture still needs work...

The Ags-17 is one crazy thing... It fires 6 to 7 grenades per second in autofire, and the max. range is about 1700 meters. The effective range of the grenade sharpnel is 7 meters. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 11 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The MG42 model is awesome...but the sound is a little weird. Also, would it be possible to have an iron sight while you fire the MG?<span id='postcolor'>

About the sound. Its how it sounds real life so really no need to change it.

And like the idea about the iron sight aiming

The sounds and textures of that Mg42 are from DoD I think...Gfx707 did an amazing job wow.gif

Yep, this is the best oxygen mod released for OFP yet. Ya'all should download all of his bunkers and stuff. They're amazing!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 11 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 11 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's awesome!  I would really look forward to a MK-19 MOD.<span id='postcolor'>

You'll probably like what Kegetys is working on then (the East equivalent):<span id='postcolor'>

WOW!!! I can't wait to fire that bad boy. I hope he makes it so you can fire at a high angle for indirect fire missions. I've seen Russian Army units use it almost like artillery in that manner. But yeah it's a great weapons system, although I think the MK-19's 40mm grenades have a slightly greater shrapnel distribution radius. I just hope someone makes the Mk-19 as well. It uses the same tripod as the M2 .50 cal machine gun...I actually would like to see it on the standard AA mount that BIS uses for the M2. That way I can use a script to mount the MK-19 on Humvees like I did for the M2's on my Blackhawk Down mission. That would be sweet having them on Humvees as both the MK19 and the M2 are the primary weapons mounted on the roof turrets of Humvees that are equipped with roof turrets in real life.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Here is how I am getting on with the mk19

mk19.jpg

I have almost finished it, apart from tweaking some stuff. I will probably have it done by tonight

Looking good GFX, I liked the MG42 but something was wrong; the weapon/magazine equip image in gear tab in games notebook. I've made a nice MG42 equip image with both weapon and magazine, send me a email if you want to use them and i'll give them to you smile.gif.

Norsu, I would be happy to fix them with your images. Send me them at s.mcculloch@iomartdsl.com please

anyway the mk19 is almost finished, except for some reason any time you fire a grenade you get a HUGE cloud of smoke like a tank firing. Anyone know how to fix this....?

No, I can't help you there, but maybe you want to change the name of your site from Fortress-ofp to Armoury-ofp lol tounge.gif

The MK19 GL is now finished and included in the MG pack biggrin.gif

ah yes, and thanks to [FILO]HuBBa for sorting out my cpp problems biggrin.gif

lol think that was the 6 time i downloaded that today  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

And once again great job.

But you should use the grenade animation from the barrel grenadelauncher instead of normal gun fire??

Hell, it's the third time i download the pack! Good job, i love it!!

The MArk 19 is awesome...but is there any way to make the trajectory of the grenades arc a little more, so it fires more like an indirect fire weapon, and less like a cannon? It's a small nitpick, sorry, I really do love your addon! smile.gif

GFX try looking at KEG's russian grenade launcher's grenade animation and the curved fire arc. These two things would make would make yours perfect smile.gifsmile.gif

By the time I released the mk19 yesterday I had been awake for about 28 hours so I just wanted to get the damn thing released. Today I will fix it up, so don't worry.

I have fixed the Mk19. Now it has the ballistics of a grenade launcher rather than a machine gun biggrin.gif

i.e. the grenades arc more than before where they went in a flat trajectory

once again the bad news is you will need to get the whole pack sad.gif

naww, only joking tounge.gif The fixed Mk19 is here and also in the pack

http://members.iomartdsl.com/~s.mcculloch/Mk19.zip

Quick update -

I have added pictures for the mg42 equip screen (thanks Norsu) and also added a 30 cal for Resistance

Also made the Mk19 a lot better biggrin.gif

30CAL.jpg

And once again looking great; but I think that the .30 cal needs some reworking on its 3d person model, and so does the Mg42. It's great that you're making so many cool new addons but don't let it ruin the quality. Every addon you've released so far looks great, the grenade launcher is top of the notch, but like I said, I think the exterior model of the .30 cal and the Mg42 needs a bit of work. This isn't a rant, I'm just trying to help make these addons the best ever! (Which IMHO much of them already are, but I couldn't really find any use of the .30 cal when the resistance already have an Mg42 wink.gif). Oh, and I found a little bug in the grenade launcher: You seem not to be able to shoot the gunner. I hope these suggestions/rants (;)) have helped a bit. Great work so far!

Can you remove the reloading sound after every shot from the mark 19 sad.gif

I have not seen the latest version of the MK-19, but in the version I have of it, I noticed that it seems to be a modified M2 50 cal. One big thing that is very different on the MK-19 is that it has two charging handles. One on each side. It also has a higher rate of fire. Basically the rate of fire and ballistics should be like Kegetys's AGS automatic grenade launcher. The trade however is that the AI do not target the enemy very accurately with Kegs AGS. sad.gif

The best source for detailed sketches of the MK-19 (and all the info on it) is from the U.S. Army manual FM 23-27 which you can find on the net at:

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/23-27/toc.htm

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 12 2002,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have not seen the latest version of the MK-19, but in the version I have of it, I noticed that it seems to be a modified M2 50 cal.  One big thing that is very different on the MK-19 is that it has two charging handles.  One on each side.  It also has a higher rate of fire.  Basically the rate of fire and ballistics should be like Kegetys's AGS automatic grenade launcher.  The trade however is that the AI do not target the enemy very accurately with Kegs AGS.  sad.gif

The best source for detailed sketches of the MK-19 (and all the info on it) is from the U.S. Army manual FM 23-27 which you can find on the net at:

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/23-27/toc.htm

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Oops, I only saw one side in the photos I looked at so I assumed that there was only one. I will change that. Anyway, which version did you get....? The one now has the exact same ballistics as the AGS-17 that Kegetys made

When did you download it....?