Sign in to follow this  
Brass

vehicle damage!

there should be a better damage model on vehicles, especially the armour.

it should be more localised. so if you fire on the front of the turret, it wont damage the back as much as the front.

more emphasis should be put on disabling vehicle movement by firing at their tank tracks, rendering them immobile if they come off.

this is extremely important, as basically armour has too much influence in this game, when yo hear "enemy t-80, 500" you crease them, cos u know youre not gonna take it out, not even with a carl gustav.

so i think rpgs/laws should do more localised damage especially on tracks.

the tracks should be made more vulnerable, as they are not totally protected, and if the side panelling is hit, it will most likely damage the track and wheels. and yes, m1a1s were immobilised by rpgs in the gulf. i can post a pic if you want.

hope you agree. post your comments here to agree, just to voice the numbers who want it

I just want better wreck models (like choppers broken in two after crashing or a tanks turret flying off while exploding, wheels of jeeps bursting off when blown up etc.)

maybe you'Re right,but that would be a lotta work for the programmers and i think a lot of us are more interested in new features rather than in such "ridiculous" things

I want limbs that fly off people:biggrin:, like real life when a grenade goes off. Everyone sort of falls over like in the old movies smile.gif

I agree with you Brass. The damage modeliing needs to be overhauled!

they need to have vehicles get destroyed and have them being ripped apart all the time. Having peices of vehicles go flying would add so much to this already awsome game.

Oh yes!!!!!!! and then your processor would have to go and track all the little bit's of car and tank's and truck's.

The game engine would not support it.

e.g When you shoot a tank the way it is now you do see bit's flying off BUT they are only small round thing's that look like clod's of dirt.

They game engine would not support it because it uses .p3d models that cannot be cut by a game engine (like OFP useing pure scripting ass far as I can see so far) up or f**ked accross a field.

I'd like to see helicoptor's with more realistic damage, like if the engine is hit, then maybe you'll lose power and start to fall or if you keep the rotar at full speed for too long with an overheating engine, it will die.  Or if the instuments are shot in an aircraft, you don't know how fast you're going, what's your altitude or how much fuel you have left.  Or weapons systems are destroyed, making your weapons stop working, or if you're controlls are hit, then controlling you craft is much harder.  All these can be made by making 'hit locations' for each aircraft.  Like if the crew compartment is hit, a passanger dies.  Well, if the engine area is hit, then there might be a hydrolic fluid leak or even and engine fire!  Everything could be randomized, and depending on the caliber of bullet and the armour around the hit location.  For example, a AK round might just cut an oil line of a blackhawk engine, and that might over heat your engine.  But if a large .50cal hits the same spot, then there might start a fire.  Right now, the helicoptors are just flying targets with AI and/or player units in them, meaning if any part of the craft gets hit, it lowers the amount of 'health' it has.  But with hit locations effecting specific flight systems, then there would be lots more "targets" to be hit in the air.  This all wouldn't added to OFP as of now, so I just more or less wasted  a couple minutes typing this anyways.  I would still like something like this to be added, if it can.

-=Die Alive=-

yeah, dust. weve had that conversation, im sure it wouldnt be that hard. but well never see the visuals of commanche 4.

secondly. thank you for backing me up, i made this post ages ago, and never saw any reply until today, when it came up.

op flash has some bits already fly off when a unit is destroyed, itd be easier to implement pieces just dissapearing when the smoke cleared.

im all for the more realistic chopper model too, lie engine leaking and stuff.

since 1.30, there has been a bit of a change when vehicles are killed, with a better vehicle being thrown up after explosions, but when u hit a light armoured vehicle with a tank, it flies off miles, still unrealistic...

yeah, kovanov, i post here. but my radical improvement views and some joke views are not getting much support, especially with the stale members. heh smile.gif

".....m1a1s were immobilised by rpgs in the gulf. i can post a pic if you want...."

hey Brass, i know u can shoot up a tank's track, but can u post the pic? i never seen anything like that

my ftp server seems to be tits-up right now, but i got it and ill give you a link soon. plus ill give you a pic of a m1 destroyed by an internal explosion after being hit with an AT weapon (i cant remember which, maybe an RPG, anyways, it proves that the safe storage system in the M1s doesnt work, as the rpg caused rounds to go off inide the tank. i have heard americans claim that their own tanks fired on immobilised m1s so iraquis couldnt capture them, then they rescued them, but i doubt this was one of those, and is nowhere near ready for re-use.