Sign in to follow this  
Grace

Better MG animations??

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to add better carrying and firing animations for MG's

In game the player carry's a 10.3kg GPMG + ammo with both hands like a standard rifle.This is almost impossible to do in real life for long periods of time.The Weapon is much easier carried strapped across the waist when walking, Or using the carrying handle should you have to sprint somewhere.

Also when firing the MG in a standing up position the player's hands are alway the same as a standard rifle, were as in real life it is much easier to grip the folder bi-pod legs.

When it comes to hip firing (done very often when not able to lay down or on the move ) It is very easy to do so holding the carrying handle with one hand while tucking the butt under your arm.

I can't imagine that these animations are very hard to do (for an animator) as it simply involves changing the arm positioning with certain weapon's (I don't know I'm not an animator).

It would add a great deal more of realism to those that enjoy it.

That's an excellent suggestion! It is virtually impossible for an average mortal to fire the GPMG/PK/PKP from the shoulder for more than a couple of controlled rounds due to the heavy recoil. One should be restricted to firing from the hip while standing-up or crouching, and then switch to the aimed mode when laying down. I am now keeping my fingers crossed to see this implemented, but it would add a lot to the realism if it was.

Peace,

DreDay

Red Orchestra 2 has some neat MG animations. It could be a basis.

But I really doubt BIS is going to make something like that for A2. Maybe A3?

Yeah, this is all well and good, but the problem is not the static animation, but the interpolations you are going to need to animate, standing to kneeling, standing to prone, stepping over, dying (and its many variants), binoculars, AT launchers, reloading, to name but a few.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I doubt even A3 will get this.

So MG gunners shoot from the hip.. does this now mean it is mechanically impossible for them to fire over a berm? There are ways around this too but it's not a matter of altering an animation.