Sign in to follow this  
virtualvikingx

2 servers running from the same folder (2 servers 1 install)

Is it possible and stable to run 2 arma2co-servers (dedi) from the same folder?

Or do I need to have 1 complete CO-folder for each server?

Of course .cfgs, profiles and all that are kept seperate.

Yes its possible. you can even keep the profile and cfg's outside the arma2 installation dir. only issue is if you want server A to run with mods and need Key A|B|C and server B is ment as a vanilla. but ofcource you can seup if the config for server B that it requires equal mods. read the biki about that.

Thanks, nuxil! I've been lazy and not bothered with keys, and used a password instead. Anyway I understand the problem. :)

Thanks, nuxil! I've been lazy and not bothered with keys, and used a password instead. Anyway I understand the problem. :)

Should use keys even with a passworded server. People can have quite an advantage over others, or they can even write their own addons to sorta "cheat".

I dont disagree, GS. Howere this is a friendly COOP-server. If you want to use a aimbot or something like that, go ahead, be my guest. Stats ("I") are even turned off. This being said, I think I will impliment keys in my next "update" - to keep things clean; stability-wise.

I would suggest using separate server folders, but creating symlinks to a main installation for the game content. This has the advantage of allowing you to use different keys on each server, but without needing several copies of the files and also without having to patch several different installations.

we've been running up to 5 instances of a server from the same folder. No real issues so far.

I think each server need it's own port. I've never tried two servers on the same port myself, so it's "un-confirmed".

You can run them on the same port as long as they don't have the same IP xD

(but I think everybody knows that)

either different interfaces or different ports, your pick. you will need separate watchdogs too.

Watchdogs?

Don't worry, it's part of the start-script which you'll have two of anyway. One for each server. Watchdog is basically a background service that keep your servers running by checking servers PID and RUN-file, and restart server if it crash.

assuming he is running linux? i see no post telling which os the server is running..

a service manager is what is needed on windows. eigther the vanilla that comes with the os. or others ones which are easyer to use and manage.

Edited by nuxil