Sign in to follow this  
Suchy_

Binding keyboard to issue orders

I have an idea for an addon that would allow binding keys to certain commadns. This should speed up giving orders by avoiding digging though the menu and also shouold make it easier to use voice recognition software for commanding units. I'm using GlovePIE which has fast and accurate speech recognition, but most of misinterpreted commands are caused by already 'being somewhere' in the menu while triggering a command action.

For example: ALT+1 = <selected units> return to formation.

Basically I want to "emulate" the player issuing an order, which means I want at least radio confirmation from AI unit on received command.

There are scripting functions like commandMove, commandTarget, etc., but if I wanted to use them, I'd end up practically rewriting the whole commanding system, and this is not worth the effort. Any ideas where I should start? Maybe some modifications to currently existing config/scripts would be enough?

I have a Logitech programmable keyboard G110

36 keys can be programmaed

For example one key is programmed as:

7-7-8-9-3-4.....Crouch - Form Diamond - Engage

Another is:

7-8-7-2-7-1 ..Go Prone - Danger - Stealth

And many more.

-

-

Neat, but it's not what I'm aiming for. Once you trigger a command, the game still goes through the menus. I want commands to be issued instantly.