Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible to create a EMS Air Service beusiness senario?

I'd imagine there's a way to script it. If some of the mission makers from A2 bought the game I'm sure we'll get something like this soon.

Yes there is,

I have made one but testing it on dedicated server have revealed a few bugs where you cant get in the chopper from the sea when lowering down to save someone.

When I have figured it out I will post my mission

I dont know if it is at all possible.

We have tried in multiplayer to rescue other players (who's been sacrificing their beloved ships to Neptun) on numerous occations.

Maybe BIS would ease up on the restrictions when it comes to boarding a helicopter. Dont quote me on this but, it seems like the passenger need's to be on the same level as the skid/helicopter. But what about all the other cool stuff like boarding helis standing light on skids on a steep slope? Getting people out of water? Picking up passengers in a hover from swamplands, railing of ships, ledges, younameit?

I dont know, but perhaps the game need to register the helicopter as landed before you can board it?

Maybe BIS could enlighten us on the matter, what is the limitations in relation to interaction between passenger and helicopters?

I dont know, but perhaps the game need to register the helicopter as landed before you can board it?

Maybe BIS could enlighten us on the matter, what is the limitations in relation to interaction between passenger and helicopters?

Is it possible to script for a skid proximity trigger @ 0 knots, while maintaining a stable hover for a minimum period of say 5 seconds or whatever, only then would a character be able to board?

If possible would be great, i can see mission makers having more options in creating more challenging and technical missions for the pilot.

I imagine a script would work for a mission. My post was directed more towards multiplayer where we are talking about individual player's interaction with eachother and helicopters.

I have rescued a fellow pilot who fell off a roof and was stuck on a narrow ledge, I put the helicopter with 1 skid on the ledge, and he could enter my helicopter. At the same time, I have tried numerous times to rescue players who somehow ended up in the water, both hovering above water and even lowering the the skids below the surface, still no go :(

But it would certainly have been cool if the interaction between helicopters and players would have been more 'open' so that you could enter the helicopter in more than 1 way, hopefully without having to use scripting and such. As it is now, I believe there are some constraints/limitations before the game actually let's you board a helicopter. In my humble and fragile mind, it should have simply been simpler to enter (and exit) a helicopter...if you know what I mean :)

Perhaps BIS could make a game logic/animations/function that uses a different enter/exit function as soon as it registers that the helicopter is no longer parked on the ground? Of course i see limitations in that approach too as there could be a million different scenarios to cater for, but at least a function to pick up players from oceans or in stationary hover would certainly open up the playability, especially in multiplayer.