Sign in to follow this  
CarlR

Installation error

1514634_untitled.jpg

I get this when trying to Install...

I purchased the game from Gamersgate last night and got this then went to bed frustrated with a 13GB download then long install to have this pop up half way... today I deleted everything tried DL all over again for a fresh DL and install but still same thing... Does Gamergate have a bad copy?? how can i fix this without waiting weeks for a fixed copy?

Hi,

I have the same problem. i am not able to install TOH. I got the same errormessage but it's another file. I purchased the Game at simmarket.com

Hiya CarlR and zwerg, welcome to the community!

Have you tried to redownload the game files and do a new install. The files may be corrupt. It does happen at times.

As mentioned above, i did do that.

"today I deleted everything tried DL all over again for a fresh DL and install but still same thing... "

Why isnt anybody from the producing staff helping us.......... I want my money back!!!!!!

Because it isn't the staff at Bohemia Interactive you need to speak to. Speak to the people who own the company that you downloaded the game from.

I sent a ticket to both the games support and Gamersgate, and i just got the typical response from Gamersgate (bno response yet from here) as if he didnt even read my ticket...otherwise he wouldnt of done the "stupidity check" cause i already layed out all the steps i did...uughhh.

I also asked for a Refund, even if it's $10 more i'll Get it from Steam instead, at least there i know It gets installed properly (usually).

Edited by CarlR

These problems indicate corrupt download most likely (or in rare cases some other problem during installation, e.g. error on HDD).

I can only recommend to check md5 (checksum) of all files downloaded and re-download files that are corrupt manually.

You should be able to see md5s from your sprocket account maintanance, not sure about the other systems, but more likely the md5s are the same.

Pls read the post: HERE

I hade the same proplems - the failure was the beta and the old sprocket.log!!

This is a corrupt download trought the logfile -> sprocket.log. Here is an incorrect entry by download file!

Workaround:

Delete old sprocket.log and the files, download the new ToH files and begin new install. Ask for: read the sprocket.log!!

Edited by Blackland

These problems indicate corrupt download most likely (or in rare cases some other problem during installation, e.g. error on HDD).

I can only recommend to check md5 (checksum) of all files downloaded and re-download files that are corrupt manually.

You should be able to see md5s from your sprocket account maintanance, not sure about the other systems, but more likely the md5s are the same.

i have no idea what "md5s" are, and Gamers gate uses their own DOwnloader and install launcher, so theres not alot i can do.

What sprocket account?

Pls read the post: HERE

I hade the same proplems - the failure was the beta and the old sprocket.log!!

This is a corrupt download trought the logfile -> sprocket.log. Here is an incorrect entry by download file!

Workaround:

Delete old sprocket.log and the files, download the new ToH files and begin new install. Ask for: read the sprocket.log!!

Theres no "sprocket.log" file in what Gamersgate Downloads, it's all archived .BIN files that the installer uses and unpacks.

And where do i download these new files? and how would i get them to install with Gamergates downloader/installer? the Setup.exe or what ever is inside their downloader along with most other things for the game during DOwnload/install process.

After my Complaint with GamersGate, i figured to try a 3rd time, I see the Download is now 14.6GB, thats a whole GB more then the last 2 days i tried this...perhaps they fixed their Version... we'll see in a few hours >_<

Edited by CarlR

Well, Now it with this 3rd install attempt and whole new DOwnload it doesnt even install halfway, it does the same error at the start with "AddOns\air_h.pbo"

Sorry, I did not see that you have written "gamersgate". My Solution is for sprocket!

-->> Use swap file > 4 GB and NO CPU/RAM overclock!!

not sure what swapfile is, and i am not overclocked

I had the same problems in the past with BI's installer. ArmA2 DVD and Arrowhead from Sprocket gave me random CRC errors during the setup.

Seems like BI's installer tend to give you CRC errors without a real reason...

Swap file to auto and no overclocking is a good tip + disable ALL programs running in background. Also disable your anti-virus for the time being. And don't do anything while the installer is running (go AFK).

That worked for me in the past to avoid these random errors.

Yes in my case, it was a corrupt download. I redownloaded the files twice. Now, after the third download the installation worked.

Well, Gamersgate Refunded my Purchase, i'm gonna try Re-buying the game from Steam... SHOULD work with their system.